 General / 39149
Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:09:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott E. Sanburn writes:
To All,

OK, I am really getting confused here, maybe someone can help me. Now we
have real NBA players in this LEGO draft. Are they going to be made in
minifigs in some kind of sets then? Is this just a hype / Flash webpage
thing? If so, it is interesting, since they have human type eyes instead of
the usual minifig ones. This is similar to the Indian eyes from the Western
sets. Those were still yellow though. And what is with the commentators,
they are yellow, with typical LEGO eyes? Will they stop making yellow
minifigs? Will they have accessory packs complete with heads, hands, and
hair pieces to accurately reflect various races?

I am still confused with the yellow minifig on the overall NBA sports site
as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TLC, I hope you clear this up, since this is confusing as it gets.

According to the press release on the LEGO site they will be sold as sets,
here is part of the press release:

"Beginning Oct. 28, children can visit www.LEGO.com/sports to find out the
first three NBA players who will be featured as LEGO mini-figures. The
players will be revealed through a fictional LEGO NBA Draft -- a process
whereby three standout NBA players will be "drafted" each week, through Dec.
16, to join the LEGO team of NBA mini-figures. The 24 drafted players will
be featured in collectible LEGO NBA player sets, containing a LEGO
mini-figure in their likeness and a LEGO Sports Upper Deck® trading card,
packed in eight sets of three each. The collectible mini-figure sets will be
available in January for $7.99 (USD). "

jt