 General / 39165
Re: LEGO NBA Draft has started...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:06:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper writes:
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
Here are some shots of the first pics....looks like some people's wishes
might have come true.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/NBA/bryant.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/NBA/kidd.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/NBA/kukoc.jpg

jt

It's not like my opinion will mean anything, but I'm against flesh/brown
minifigs (I already posted on this issue some time ago).  If TLC makes these
ONLY for NBA sets, then I won't mind too much, but I really love the yellow
minifig.  If they do more minifigs in flech color, then they will have to do
more brown figs and later, they'll have to aknoledge all the ethnies in the
world.

I love yellow figs because they are neutral.  They aren't white nor black
peoples.  They are yellow, artificial, fiction.  Don't get me wrong here.  I
think that it's good to have sets about different cultures.  That's what so
great about LEGO, you can "visit" the world with all the MOCs out there.
But if they start making those figs for the other sets, some group of people
might feel that LEGO didn't reprensent them.

And Yellow is cartoon-like.  Don't you just love to see those little cartoon
faces they print on the minifigs?  Way better than those real-life drawings
on the NBA players imo.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...  I hope they hadn't make these NBA figs...

Terry

      Agreed.

          Couldn't have said it better myself... For me it's in those rows
of soldiers from the pirate theme all with smiling faces...

            Jesus Loves You,

                    Nathan