 Star Wars / 14436
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Lucas Thompson writes:
Of course, the real comparison is between the ISD and a Borg Cube :)

http://crud.net/~uj/images/sdvsborg.jpg

Well, it's the comparison to make for a who would win debate ;)

-Lucas Thompson

Okay, smarta@@, how's this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jswilson/geek/redo.jpg

:-)
James

No contest at all--the ISD was having problems capturing the little RBR...

Capturing without destroying is far harder than simply destroying, and they
didn't have any problems at all. Remember the most of the shots fired were ion
cannons not turbolasers.

Borg would eat the ISD for breakfast--

I think you have that backwards. One heavy turbolaser bolt is roughly
equivalent to 220 quantum torpedos. (440 photon torpedos) One Light turbolaser
bolt is roughly equivalent to 2 quantum torpedos. (4 photon torpedos) Lets see
one Imperial-I class Star Destroyer has 8 heavy turbolasers and 60 light
turbolasers.  That is not even counting the 60 ion cannons.

Star Trek: First Contact proved that despite their ability to adapt to limited
fire, (even if they could adapt to non-frequncey based weapons,) the Borg can
not withstand a concentrated barrage.

"We are Borg--We now know about 'the Force'--Resistance is futile"

Now I am picturing a slow "zombie-like" Borg trying to assimilate a Jedi.  I am
having trouble seeing anything but diced Borg. :-)

;)

Dave K

-Mike Petrucelli