 Star Wars / 14396
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:33:31 GMT

Another piece of evidence supporting this: given that the Star Destroyer and
SuperStarDestroyer have at least similiar shaped bridges: if the bridges were
the same size (which is a valid assumption), then the length is 17.6km.

But if the SuperStarDestroyer itself was any shorter than this, its bridge
would then be smaller than that of the Star Destroyer!  I think it's fairly
safe to assume that since the SSD is larger than the SD in every respect that
its bridge would be either the same size or larger, thus making 17.6km the
MINIMUM length of the SSD!!

thought experiments are fun.. tee huh
_lenny

He explains in exhaustive detail how you can clearly show that the Executor
is 11 times the length of a 1.6 KM Star Destroyer, or 17.6 km (11 miles) in
length. The easiest way is to use the bridge structure as a perfect
comparative reference. The two ships share THE SAME bridge, which provides
an exacting way to compare length. Rather than ramble on any more, I'll let
this pic and the site itself do the talkin!':

The argument ending photo (LOOK at the bridge towers)!:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/ssd/ssdisd.gif

The entire section on Super Star Destroyers (includes "the history of the 5
mile falacy":

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ssd.html

And, for those with about a MONTH of free time to read it all, the entire
Technical Commentaries:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/

Is this site amazing or what?

Sorry for the rant, but I've been a champion of the truth about SD scale
since I was a kid and could see on the screen that the Executor was
obviously bigger than was being claimed!

-Brian