 Star Wars / 14371
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:38:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Tobin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Wilson writes:

ROTFLMAO!!!  "Truth?"  It's not called Science _Fiction_ for nothing!!!!!

That said, there's way too much information there.

James

True, but good science fiction has enough grounding in reality to make it
believable and maintain continuity with itself. While Curtis Saxton takes
this to an extreme, I find nothing wrong with using the best reference
possible to ascertain and maintain the internal "truth" of the SW
universe...Besides, otherwise, the ILM model makers' loving, dedicated
attention to detail and scale would be wasted...  :)

Fair enough, and I enjoy a good sci-fi tale as much as most geeks.  I just
get a big kick out of it when people start arguing about the size of the
"real" prototype from a movie.  Especially the ones that are completely CGI!
Or cartoons - ever heard a couple of geeks arguing about the layout of
equipment inside Speed Racer's Mach V?

By the way, what does ROTFLMAO stand for? • "Rolling on the floor laughing my a@@ off"

-Brian

Cheers,