 Star Wars / 14340
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Adrian Drake writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Joe Meno writes:

But I did a quick graphic that seems to indicate that Enterprise is too
big, or the ISD is too small. I grabbed some graphics of both and scaled
them together:
http://www.geekshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/Miscellaneous/stardestroyersize.jpg

I really have a hard time seeing the ISD is so small.

<geek>

You're using an image of a Victory Class Star Destroyer. I think the current
discussion is in regards to the Imperial Star Destroyer. :)

</geek>

And your scale's off.  the ISD is 1600 meters, the Enterprise under 700, so
the ISD should be over twice as long.

Adrian

Using the picture Joe posted, I redid the scales.  1600/641 = ~2.496.

With that in mind, I think this picture is a little more on scale.
http://www.geekshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/StarWars/stardestroyersize-b.jpg

-Jason

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/