 Star Wars / 14349
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Wilson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Joe Meno writes:

But I did a quick graphic that seems to indicate that Enterprise is too big,
or the ISD is too small. I grabbed some graphics of both and scaled them
together:

http://www.geekshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/Miscellaneous/stardestroyersize.jpg

I really have a hard time seeing the ISD is so small.

Joe Meno

Joe,
Given the dimensions Adrian posted earlier, I'd say one of your graphics is
the wrong size.  He's got the ISD at 1600 meters, NCC1701D at 641 meters,
just over 40% as long.

James

Yep, you're right. I used the wrong ratio (which was mentioned in an earlier
note in this thread), as opposed to the actual lengths. Oops.

Jason Spears has redone and corrected this.

And I a little chagrined:)

Joe Meno