 Star Wars / 14412
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
The novels of the movies and the original radio dramas are also canon after
the movie in that order.

Ah yes, I had forgotten those-- I wonder which order the two would be in
themselves? IE would data in the novels be considered better than the radio
dramas? I think I'd assume that to be the case. So:

- Movies
- Novels
- Radio Dramas
- 'Official' source
- Implied/Speculation

Well the 'Official' order of canon is as follows:
-Movies
-Novels of Movies
-Radio Dramas of Movies

Not quite canon but overruling 'official' sources are:
-Expansion Novels originally published by Bantam Books
-Expansion Comics originally published by Dark Horse

Then we have official sources:
-StarWars.com
-Behind the Magic CD-ROM
-Various Cross Sections and Essential Guide to the 'X' books.

Then we have ignored sources:
-'Droids' comics
-'Splinter of the Mind's Eye' novel
-Games (games are balanced to be a fun game so technology is often 'made up',
although certain story elements could be considered official)

You say it would be 137 feet tall like it isn't about that.  Watch 'Empire'
where luke "magna-grapling hooks" his way up to the body of the AT-AT.
Assuming luke is your average 6 ft. tall person the AT-AT would easily be 137
feet tall by comparison.

Actually, it's not far away from *plausible*. But the point is that by *HIS*
estimation of AT-AT height, the result he came out with was nearly double
what he *SHOULD* have gotten :) And the 137ft estimate is nearly double (go
figure) what he estimates AT-AT height at :)

Ok I see what you're saying now. Well the 137ft estimate would definatly be an
upper range number.

Geeky AT-AT detail:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/atat.cgi?version=ref

(lemme know if you find any gross errors)

DaveE
-Mike Petrucelli