 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3744 (-100)
  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) This won't work for sure. If you look into the kernel sources, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE gives the value for every user program's stack. Actually, this is 1KByte, if I remeber it right. Your character array will be allocated on the stack and so you (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) Hi Andreas I would suggest, that you instanciate your variable as global, and not within the main() function. Or declare it as static so that the compiler does not try to instanciate it on the stack. The problem could be due to a stack (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

OK, here is my code. #include <dmotor.h> #include <dsensor.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <dbutton.h> #include <conio.h> #include <stdio.h> #define n 1000 void verzoegerung(unsigned long zeit) { while(zeit--); } int main() { int i; char c[n]; (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Presumably that was Ben Fleskes... (see (URL) Interesting....they make custom plastic parts. (...) I have been very pleased with the wheels Ben commissioned and it's in part a testimony to the molder he chose (and in part to his engineering (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  multiple source files?

How do I compile multiple .C source files to one .lx file? as far as I know, the default makefile doesn't support that. Thomas (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) I bought some T-connectors that work great from a local RC hobby store. They were fuel hose fittings for RC planes or cars. The package contained one T, one penbladder T, and two 90 degree fittings. It cost US$2.95. They are made by Fourmost (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

(...) > (...) Who knows. Unless you show your code... Regards, Michael (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems with creating arrays of larger sizes

Hello, at the moment I try to get experience with the memory of the RCX. I've read somewhere that the brickOS firmware is about 8kB big. I loaded a program with a size of 2 kb down to the RCX. With the help of the program I created an array of the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Use of LNP under Windows

Hello I'd like to send sensor values from the RCX to my PC. In this forum I've read that I can do this with the help of LNPD. The OS on my PC is Win 2000, I'm using Cygwin to compile my BrickOS programs, my IR-Tower is connected to an USB port. Is (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOs 0.2.6.10.6 vs 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Patrik, It could be a memory leak, or maybe a memory fragmentation issue. If the memory manager cannot find a single block of memory large enough for the request it will fail. You may be able to tell by displaying the available memory on the lcd, (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

(...) Hi, I want to communicate with my lnpd daemon running in linux machine from my windows/cygwin machine. Do you have your winliblnp implementation for cygwin? Thanks, Mohammed (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOs 0.2.6.10.6 vs 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Hiya, I think we have encountered a problem in the latest brickOS, we have implemented a quite big program(to demonstrate a network protocol PROPHET). We had some trouble using the latest brickos0.2.6.10.6 some memory leak? caused the program to (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

There are lots of missing parts, not only pneumatic. "Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> escribió en el mensaje news:200403161532.i2...ing.com... (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: geometrical function in legOS

(...) Have a look at (URL) You'll find all the codes there. Good luck (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: geometrical function in legOS

No, brickos(formerly legos) does not include sinus/cosinus functions. You will have to write your own. Or simply use a lookup table. //Patrik (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  geometrical function in legOS

Hello I want to program a mindstorms robot with the help of LegOS. Does LegOS support the use of geometrical function like sinus or cosinus ? I hope that someone can help me Andreas (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Wiki site to compare Lego Langages

hy, i began a wiki page to compare the lego languages because i didn't find a similar comparative table. it would be great if each one could contribute. (URL) thanks in advance Nicolas Maisonneuve (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (no subject)

hy, i began a wiki page to compare the lego languages because i didn't find a similar comparative table. it would be great if each one could contribute. (URL) thanks in advance Nicolas Maisonneuve (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  How to guarantee packet delivery ?

I am implementing the stmt "rc=lnp_addressing_write()" in a while loop until (rc != 0). Receiving unit sends an ack which is treated by lnp_addressing_write() as a data collision w/rc= -1. It works ok as long as a reflection or actual collision does (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I'm using suse9 and managed to get it working by installing debian utilities and installing the recommended(in brickos HOWTO) h8300 binutil/gcc versions as debian packages. But I'm using a different version of brickos0.2.09 because I'm having (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickos in SuSE 9.0

Hi, I have installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6 in my SuSE 9.0 machine. First, I downloaded binutils-2.14.tar.gz and gcc-3.3.tar.gz Then I built h8300-hitachi-hms crosscompiler from gcc and binutils. After that, I have downloaded and installed (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems with "dll"

Try this: ./dll [options] that's a period and a forward slash before the dll Dan "Franz Steinmetz" <franzlst@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:HvyC12.20wJ@lugnet.com... (...) helloworld (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) It sounds like you are having cygwin issues. Do you have a copy of bash.exe in a directory on your path somewhere other than in c:\cygwin\bin? Does your path include c:\cygwin\bin? If it doesn't then you need to add it to your path. You should (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, Yesterday I changed it into "\brickos", but as wanted to download a Programm again today, it didn't work (also only with Cygwin not). So I tried everything, I have also deinstalled BricxCC, Cygwin and BrickOS (perhaps some registry files (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Can you explain a little more what you mean by "sometimes"? Are you saying that with the OS root set to \brickos compiling works for some programs but not for others or are you saying that with BricxCC installed on one computer it works with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I've again found a way to solve this problem: Sometimes you have to replace the OS root "\brickos" with "c:\cygwin\brickos". Sometimes it works just with "\brickos". I don't know why. Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) I am glad you were able to get this sorted out. I should add a note to the readme.txt which makes this additional configuration step for folks who already have earlier releases of BricxCC installed clear. John Hansen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

I have found the solution myself (and with the help of the Mindstorms Forum): Edit -> Preferences -> Compiler C/C++/Pascal Here you have to set the right paths. The OS root was wrong. (At me) It has to be /brickos and not /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

It was just a testprogram: int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { return 0; } But it's the same with all other progs, too. Thx Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Post your source code and we'll tell you. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I want to say thanks, too, but I have a problem: I cant't compile and download programmes to the RCX. I always get the message: Compile Failed Errors found during compilation But I can download the firmware. Does anyone has a solution? Thx Franz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems with "dll"

Hi, I've installed cygwin and BrickOS successfully and downloaded the helloworld program, it workes. But when I now want to download a program with dll, following message appears: bash: dll: command not found What can I do? Thanks Franz Steinmetz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Bluetooth and firmware query

Mike, If you're interested, pbForth replacement firmware may be the answer for many of your issues. My serial driver for the RCX is a straight half duplex that turns off the receiver when transmitting to avoid echoes from the IR. It could be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Bluetooth and firmware query

As some of you may know, we have been hacking RCXs and adding bluetooth modules. What would make life easier is some help modifying the firmware to increase the speed of the serial protocols to the max the Hitachi chip can handle, which is a lot (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

(...) Hi Brian, Others have reported this problem as well. Check out this thread for a fix: (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

I have been adding some button functionality to key_handler() in program.c. I have been getting numerous compile errors like "address 0xb016 of getaddress.dc1 section .bss is not within region ram". It seems to occur when I increment an int (e.g. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Hi Stephen, Any progress with the Linux 2.6 USB Tower ? If need some one to test, please post a link to NCQ. Regards, Pieter (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Solved my problem with lnpd

Hi, That patch didn't make any difference for me. I still cant receive from the tower atleast not with integerity packets. What does the code you removed do ? //PAtrik (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Use of lnp_addressing_write() in an RCX program.

When setting lnp address using dll, you dont have to specify rcx target so I guess you are using integrity_write for that. So in this case you have to write a program for the receiveing RCX to make it change address(If you haven't done that). This (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Threaded LNP problems

Hi, I've written a small program with a few rcx's moving around trying to communicate with each other through IR. Every Robot is supposed to send it's lnp address every 100ms in a seperate thread, listen for other robots in another thread and move (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) If the "new pneumatic designs" are what we saw with 8455 and 8436 with the round bottom cylinder and the new type switch, next we can expect to see would be a new hand pump, but that's about all that can be new. Well, unless they expand the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Right, the service pack stuff is not available any more :^( As I mentioned the Technic Backhoe (8455) is currently sold by LEGO. It contains 10 cylinders, 7 switches, two hand pumps, pneumatic T's and hose. Clearly LEGO makes pneumatic T's. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

I called up the parts manager to discuss the matter. What if people want to elaborate on the existing kits, they need parts, but not another smaller sets... Besides, they really no longer sell the T-junction... Well! However, he said LEGO over (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Other than this? (URL) I thought Pitsco *used* to sell the T-junctions as well. Perhaps asking...? (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) and I have over 100 pistons (large plus small) from bricklink. I also recommend the 8455 Technic Backhoe. It has new form factor pistons which make it a bit more challenging to hook two pistons together back to back, but challenges are fun! I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Try Bricklink: (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problem with lego pneumatic parts

Hi, I am looking for some lego pneumatic parts, such as the pistons, cylinder and the T-connectors for connecting the tubes. First of all, pistco does not sell the T-connectors separate from the kit (~$100). Neither do they sell the pistons, or the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WinLNP is gone

Hi all, I'm working on stuff in BrickOS, and it'd be really helpful to be able to use LNP to communicate with my brick and get data from it. Unfortunately it seems the WinLNP site is gone. Does anybody have suggestions where I could get WinLNP, or (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

(...) I have a working USB-tower in linux 2.4.21 using the cvs legousbdriver and nqc2.5r3. I use nqc for brickos installation 2.5.09 and dll included for lx uploads. I think I patched the brickos source with a usb patch from either (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

(...) Someone who's name I forget (you know who you are!) said definitely that hyperthreading cannot be simply disabled in BIOS - that Windows has to be reinstalled with a non-hyperthreading kernel. And to answer your musings in the first (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

As Mike pointed out, it is a hyper-threading problem. The reason for winXP not working, but W2K works, may very well be that W2K does not support hyperthreading feature, but WinXP does. I wonder if Mike or anyone does indeed disable the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Could you please send me all your files? (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

(...) Sounds promising. I can do some testing for you is you want. Is the code where you are working on available via CVS, perhaps I can do some coding too. Cheers Bart (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Definitely interested in helping you test when it's working. Regards, Mark. (...) ---...--- The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking. -- Christopher Morley Mark Syms <mark@marksyms.demon.co.uk> (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Bart, (...) The problem is that USB tower on linux is not supported by firmdl3/dll at the moment. I'm working on that capability now. If I can, my intent is to have it work for 2.4 (user added driver) and 2.6 (built-in driver) kernels. The USB tower (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Where is prototype definition of packet_producer( ) ?

Thanks to those who have responded to my queries. Your info has been very helpful. Now I am trying to modify # of arguments to packet_producer() in program.c, but I am unable to find prototype definition in any .h files. Can someone tell me where it (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Respondre el missatge: Use of lnp_addressing_write() in an RCX program.

You must send the packet to port 0 of the destination. The dest address is conformed by the address in the upper 4 bits and the port in the lower 4 of the char. So if you put address = 6 you are saying -> host=0 port=6 and you must send to host=6, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

(...) Could it be noise getting into the analog power supply? If you're switching between brake and full power with the motor ports, it seems possible that some spikes could get through to the A/D converter. You might be able to test this by (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

Hi Mark, Thanks for the help. In Steve's legway code he reads from LIGHT_1 and LIGHT_3 (even if there is no sensor hooked to LIGHT_3). When I was running his code with instrumentation for both sensors, I had nothing hooked to SENSOR_3, and I still (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Hi, Delighted I was to see that the USB lego tower driver was accepted into the Linux kernel tree, so I downloaded linux 2.6.2 and installed the lego driver with it. It checks in perfectly, no problem with the driver. But, when I try to upload (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Spurious bad readings from sensors

(...) Because of the way BrickOS uses interrupts to handle active sensors, it's possible for sensors to be deprived of power for 300us or more, though typically the interval is only 30us or so. This is due to long interrupt latencies in BrickOS that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Spurious bad readings from sensors

Hi, I instrumented Steve Hassenplug's legway code so that after it falls over it can dump sensor data and motor control valiables out to a PC. One of the things I noticed in this process is that aperiodically, the sensor inputs give a sensor reading (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  cannot install brickOS

Hi, When I'm trying to install the Hitachi H8 cross compiler (on win2000), I have some errors during the installation like : sys/types.h: No such file or directory But at the end it says : GCC install end Done. :---...--- End Wed Feb 25 14:05:50 (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Use of lnp_addressing_write() in an RCX program.

Hello all. I wrote a small program using lnp_addressing_write() to remotely change the host address of one RCX from another. It doesn't work. I get an occasional flash of IR icon on receiving unit - that's it. Please take a look: int main(int argc, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to send button cmd or run pgm remotely from one RCX to another ?

I am trying to use lnp_addressing_write() or lnp_assured_write() to send commands (e.g. CMDdelete, CMDsethost) from one RCX to another. This seems to be the way it is handled in loader.c of the DLL utility. I am not having any success. Is there an (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to get RCX to display/change its LNP host address ?

In program.c, you will find: cputw(lnp_hostaddr); This is used by the program manager to display the current host address (use the View button on the RCX)... while displaying the host address, if you hit the Program button on the RCX, it will (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How to get RCX to display/change its LNP host address ?

1) I am trying to write a small program which will change the host address of the RCX to something else. I am making a call to lnp_set_hostaddr(). But I would like to verify the change, so: 2) I am also trying to get the RCX to display its current (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Solved my problem with lnpd

Hi, I've solved my problem that RCX didn't receive correctly from tower. I've posted the patch at the brickos project site at sourceforge. (URL) it doesn't work try: (URL) and click on the link " View and post Patches at brickOS project site" (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.10.6 AvaIl. for testing

Thanks go to Michael Obenland for pointing out a problem with compiling under the new gcc versions. This caused me to recognize that I failed to include 5 of the latest file versions in 10.5. If you've started to work with 0.2.10.5, please download (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sending messages using LNP

Does anyone know where I can find some sample code or demos explaining how to send simple messages back and forth between RCXs using LNP ? (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.10.5 available for testing

The brickOS team is pleased to announce our next test release. (Can you believe we are days shy of a year since our last?) We will likely do one more before our formal brickos-1.0.0 release. Our plan is to release 0.2.6.11 followed by a testing (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS: No rule to make target

(...) Try to substitute the line PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx rover.lx linetrack.lx robots.lx c++.lx sound.lx by this one PROGRAMS= and then "make helloworld.lx" I had also to modify the line in Makefile.common (included by the demo Makefile) which sets (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS: No rule to make target

Hi, I'm trying to build the BrickOS demo programs on windows98. I have gcc v3.2 and make v3.8 installed from cygwin. make clean and make realclean work but when I try to just do a make, the .depend files get built in both the demo directory and in (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  YAL, Yet Another LegWay

YAL: Yet Another LegWay ===...=== (2 URLs) Allen Foster> and (URL) Harold Jarvie> posts showed me that it was possible to build a LEGO-only self-balancing robot, inspired by the famous (URL) Steve Hassenplug's LegWay>. Here are some details of my (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Cannot receive with LNP.

(...) Ok cool !! Can you make a report after make this work ? nanobapt (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How does?

(...) lnp_integrity_byte is called from the function rx_handler in lnp-logical.c Bye! Gerard. (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How does?

Hi, How does the lnp_integrity_byte function ever get invoked? I see it defined in kernel/lnp.c, and I see it referenced in boot/brickOS.lvs. Is there some magic to the number 0x9419 (0x8000+0x1414)? Is the ROM receiving a byte and then calling this (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cannot receive with LNP.

(...) Hi, For the moment I've achieved that the PC can receive from the rcx. I've done it commenting some error check from lnpd and it seems to work properly both the addressing and the integrity layer. Now I'm trying to do the other way (from pc to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cannot receive with LNP.

(...) I never seen the adressing message work .... Try to search if you have the good adress setup in the lnp_adressing_write function. nanobapt (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Upon further review, it would appear that (at least on my machine and one other that I have heard about) the new release of BricxCC (3.3.7.7) does, in fact, correctly download the brickOS firmware. My previous tests were using an old copy of (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Cannot receive with LNP.

Hi list! my name is Gerard and I'm working with BrickOS over the lego mindstorms. My problem with LNP is that it seems not to be receiving anything. After having installed the handlers on both sides (pc and rcx) no one seems to receive anything. On (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Further Adventures with Assembler

(...) Got it. I just converted my whole program from C++ to C, and then it stopped whining. (20 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Further Adventures with Assembler

(...) Yeah... that was me being stupid. The types are all correct in the program. I tried compiling without the .b and .w's, just to be sure and it's the same error. The arrays that cause the problem are of type const char. There's three that have (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Further Adventures with Assembler

(...) The line above should produce an error because you are specifying a byte move into a word register. The fact that it doesn't always cause an error makes me think there's something flakey (in the assembler) in the way instruction operand sizes (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Further Adventures with Assembler

Just wanted to thank everyone again for the help on assembler. I've been very successful and managed to greatly increase the speed of a critical portion of my program. However, I'm still having a very bizarre issue: In the middle of an assember (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem wirh downloading demo program

The program "dll" attempts to delete the program in the slot on the RCX that the new program will be placed. It does this every time, because, it doesn't know if a program is there or not (better safe than sorry). The fact that you are getting this (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem wirh downloading demo program

(...) This error indicate that the program don't download succefully the program ... turn on RCX ;-) or see if you can acess to the right COM name or sotmething like that nanobapt (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problem wirh downloading demo program

Hi, I tried to download the hello-world demo-program after downloading legos for the first time. It failed with the message "delete program failed". What program should be deleted, there is none! Anne (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

(...) Unfortunately, BricxCC is still not downloading the brickOS firmware correctly. I will look into this problem and try to fix it. In the mean time, you can use firmdl3 which works correctly. John Hansen (20 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.7

I've released version 3.3.7.7 of BricxCC today. It adds a Spybot EEPROM tool window. It adds a new configurable watch tool window. It adds a new generic set source value tool window. It adds a hot key (F2) for the pbForth console. The position of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Thanks again for testing this for me! (...) The Send Messages tool window can send any IR message from 0 to 255 to a brick. John Hansen (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Its true, Before John "fixed" the older OS issues, I was at my whit's end and was prepared to do damage to myself with a fork -- after unsuccessfully trying to install BrickOS.... but now, thanks to John and Bricxcc my cutlery is safely (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Yesterday, I replaced the two installers I have up on my bricxcc.sourceforge.net site with slightly modified versions. The new installers contain a new cross compiler which I built from 2.95.2 myself (rather than the one Hitachi provided some time (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Has anybody successfully added an RCX to 7471 Mars Rover?

Ever since I picked up the 7471 Mars Rover a few months ago, I thought it screamed out for an RCX modification. I saw a lot of discussion about the possibility, but didn't find where anybody had actually successfully done it. Now that BrickFest PDX (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.scibrick)

  Re: NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS

(...) Or you can just skip the make strip step entirely. All it does is reduce the size of your executables but that has no bearing whatsoever on whether they function. Try opening a DOS box, change directory (without entering the BASH shell) into (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS

(...) Try make fontdesign in the util directory to build fontdesign.exe, and then do the make strip again. (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) Volatile tells the compiler that should assume the value can change without the compiler's knowledge. So yes, it gets reloaded every time. (...) To find this stuff, you need to read through documentation for GCC. It has been a few years since (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) Oh, I see. That's nifty. So a 'volatile' keyword ensures that it's reloaded every time? (...) Which doc is this? The only ones I have are the BrickOS command reference (it's a shorter HTML one), and the software manual from Hitachi. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) Glad to help! (...) However, it *does* work for bytes... See the program below. In your example program, you declared the "total" variable as an unsigned short (which is a 16-bit word), but accessed it using an 8-bit move instruction. Instead, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) PERFECT. That was exactly what I was looking for. Clearly, the @_variablename method only works for words and not bytes. This had been my problem. Thanks very much. And thanks to everyone else who contributed too... I'm just a sucker for the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact