 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3725
Re: brickos in SuSE 9.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:37:41 GMT

Hi,

I'm using suse9 and managed to get it working by installing debian utilities
and installing the recommended(in brickos HOWTO) h8300 binutil/gcc versions
as debian packages. But I'm using a different version of brickos0.2.09
because I'm having trouble with motor control in 2.6.10.

Hope this helps

//Patrik

Mohammed Kamaruzzaman wrote:

Hi,

I have installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6 in my SuSE 9.0 machine.
First, I downloaded binutils-2.14.tar.gz and gcc-3.3.tar.gz

Then I built h8300-hitachi-hms crosscompiler from gcc and binutils.

After that, I have downloaded and installed brickos-0.2.6.10.6
successfully. But when I start downling the firmware by using
./util/firmdl3 ./boot/bricOS.srec, it starts downloading.
After 100% download, the rcx gave message like "unlock firmware failed".
I have tried with near/far, slow/fast options but got the same problem.
There is no problem with rcx or tower as they are working fine in Windows
machine.

I will be pleased if anyone can give the solution to install brickos in
suse 9.0 machine.

Thanks,

Mohammed Kamaruzzaman