 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3659
Re: problem wirh downloading demo program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:21:05 GMT

The program "dll" attempts to delete the program in the slot on the RCX
that the new program will be placed.  It does this every time, because,
it doesn't know if a program is there or not (better safe than sorry).

The fact that you are getting this error indicates a communication
problem.  Try to reorient the tower and the RCX (closer, farther,
straight ahead, offset a bit, etc...)

Also, I have found that tilting the tower forward at 15 to 20 degrees
gives better results with the picky RCXs.

HTH,
// Joe

Anne wrote:
Hi,

I tried to download the hello-world demo-program after downloading legos for the
first time. It failed with the message "delete program failed".

What program should be deleted, there is none!

Anne