 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10566
Re: Matter of time...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:51:10 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

I have a couple timing/handoff questions.

First, when does a player's time start?  Is it when the other robot/arbitrator
presses the EOT button, or when they release it?

I say at the press.....
if only to avoid the BS of having a robot continue to press it.

(at this point, aren't we really just dealing with milliseconds?)

Also, if a robot misses the EOT signal, will they lose right then, or will
someone be allowed to manually send the signal?

yes you can manually send a signal to your robot.....

and sometime when my block stacker drops a block, I can just pick it up.
ONCE, for my sumo robot, it was losing. so I just kind of helped it a little bit
by pushing it back in the ring.

HECK, when calums marble sorter picked up the wrong colour, we said it was FINE if
he just reached into his robot, and pulled it out. we all know that's what the
robot MEANT to do.

I came in second place at rice picker because I was hand feeding blocks into my
robot.

Steve, at RTL its about the love, not the game. this is why we ALLOW all kinds of
HUMAN intervention with our fully autonomous robot games.

(do I really need to point out that I was being sarcastic??)

These were both questions that came up when we got together over the weekend.
Things went well.  I have some video that I'll try to post soon.

Steve

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.