 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3660
3659  |  3661
Subject:
Further Adventures with Assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:12:37 GMT

Just wanted to thank everyone again for the help on assembler. I've been very
successful and managed to greatly increase the speed of a critical portion of my
program. However, I'm still having a very bizarre issue:

In the middle of an assember block, there's an instruction that moves a value
from an array into a register:

mov.b @(_myglobalarray, r3), r5

The code compiles fine. But when I copy this line exactly and place it again at
the end of the assembler block and compile (for the next segment of an analysis
process), suddenly BOTH lines trigger an error.

The same error is triggered by commenting out normal blocks of c++ code that are
below the return 0 statement. These are commands that are never executed!

Anyone have any insight into how these can be prevented/worked around? I feel it
must be some sort of compiler peculiarity that I just need to be made aware
of... either way, it's two things I want to do which are both producing the same
strange symptom.

Thanks again,
Mike