 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3672
BrickOS: No rule to make target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:38:28 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to build the BrickOS demo programs on windows98. I have gcc v3.2 and
make v3.8 installed from cygwin. make clean and make realclean work but when I
try to just do a make, the .depend files get built in both the demo directory
and in the demo/c++ directory. Then I get:

make: *** No rule to make target 'helloworld.lx', needed by 'all'. Stop.

The following are some lines from the makefile that came with the brickos
download:

PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx rover.lx linetrack.lx robots.lx c++.lx sound.lx
trailerbot.lx
include ../Makefile.common
all:: $(PROGRAMS)
.depend: *.c
$(MAKEDEPEND) *.c > .depend
depend:: .depend
all clean realclean depend::
$(MAKE) -C c++ $@

From the Makefile.common file:

MAKEDEPEND=$(CC) -M

All this creates a .depend file in the demo/ directory, and the first line from
this .depend file is:

helloworld.o: helloworld.c

I thought the dependency for the RCX would be:
helloworld.lx: helloworld.c

I'm not a make expert, but is this why there is no rule for helloworld.lx?

Any idea what I need to do to my make files to correct this?

Thanks...

Mike

ps: I put a line like:

helloworld.lx: helloworld.c

under the 'PROGRAMS' line and the error for helloworld.lx disappears and a new
error appears for rover.lx or the next target spelled out in the 'PROGRAMS'
line.