 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3722
Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Franz Steinmetz wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday I changed it into "\brickos", but as  wanted to download a
Programm again today, it didn't work (also only with Cygwin not). So I tried
everything, I have also deinstalled BricxCC, Cygwin and BrickOS (perhaps
some registry files remained?). After the newinstallation, it still didn't
work (this time, OS root was already configured with "\brickos").

Then I tried to change it into "c:\cygwin\brickos" and it worked perfectly!

It sounds like you are having cygwin issues.  Do you have a copy of bash.exe in
a directory on your path somewhere other than in c:\cygwin\bin?  Does your path
include c:\cygwin\bin?  If it doesn't then you need to add it to your path.  You
should also have CYGNUS_HOME=c:\cygwin set in your environment.  And you should
have GPC_EXEC_PREFIX=c:\cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/ in your environment as well.

If you are running an OS other than W2K and XP the installer tells you to add
those things to your autoexec.bat file.  What OS are you running?

If the path is set correctly and you have the correct environment variables
defined then everything should work fine with \brickos as the OS root.

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/