 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3652
3651  |  3653
Subject:
brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:44:49 GMT

Yesterday, I replaced the two installers I have up on my bricxcc.sourceforge.net
site with slightly modified versions.  The new installers contain a new cross
compiler which I built from 2.95.2 myself (rather than the one Hitachi provided
some time ago).  The brickOS/leJOS installer contains brickOS 0.2.6.10 already
built and pre-configured to work with the cross compiler installed at
/usr/local/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc.exe.

I've tested the new install on W2K and it works fine.  I believe it now also
works on Win98 and other older OSes such as WinME and Win95.  I haven't tested
it yet on WinME or any other older OS, but Chris Magno was gracious enough to
try it out on his 98se machine and he said it worked fine.

With these two installers you can be up and running with brickOS in a matter of
minutes once you've got the files downloaded.  Fire up BricxCC, set your
firmware to brickOS, open a .c or .cpp file, press compile, and your code should
be quickly compiled into a .lx file.

John Hansen