 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3737
3736  |  3738
Subject:
problems with creating arrays of larger sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:34:15 GMT

Hello,

at the moment I try to get experience with the memory of the RCX.
I've read somewhere that the brickOS firmware is about 8kB big.
I loaded a program with a size of 2 kb down to the RCX.

With the help of the program I created an array of the typ char with around 1000
elements. So this array has a size of 0.97 kB.
Now I have more than 20 kB free space of the RAM, haven't I?

If I try to initialize this array with values my RCX crashes and I have do reset
it by taking out the batteries.

Is the reason of the crash connected with memory limits?

Andreas