 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3650
Re: NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:12:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Brad Harvey wrote:

I'm told that the I have some error with fontdesign, and then it all
ends up failing, and I cant put the firmware on my RCX.

Try make fontdesign in the util directory to build fontdesign.exe, and then do
the make strip again.

Or you can just skip the make strip step entirely.  All it does is reduce the
size of your executables but that has no bearing whatsoever on whether they
function.

Try opening a DOS box, change directory (without entering the BASH shell) into
your brickOS demos directory, and type make helloworld.lx

If that works then you can now use BricxCC to compile and download your
programs.  Just change your brickOS root setting on the Compilers tab of the
Preferences dialog so that it matches the directory where you installed brickOS
and (in theory) everything should work fine.

John Hansen