 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3637
Re: NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:27:39 GMT

I hate to see questions go unanswered.

Steve H replied to me saying it took him 12 hours under these
conditions, and now that I have done it I can say it took my P233 laptop
a full 24 hours to install brickOS under Paolo's instructions.

I'm also sad to report that the installation failed.

BOTH on my laptop, and my SUPERCOMPUTER(tm)  (a p4 2.0 Ghz machine) also
running w98se

when I get to this point:

$ ln -s brickOS-0.2.6.10 brickOS
$ cd /brickOS
$ ./configure; make
$ cd util
$ make strip

I'm told that the I have some error with fontdesign, and then it all
ends up failing, and I cant put the firmware on my RCX.

I've searched  through the cygwin file to see if I can find a .log file
to be more specific but I cant.

I'm now going to go stick a fork in my eye. it sounds like more fun then
installing BrickOS.

I really don't was to upgrade to a new W2K, just to download one little
prg in my RCX.

ARGH!!!

Chris