 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3685
3684  |  3686
Subject:
USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:53:41 GMT

Hi,

Delighted I was to see that the USB lego tower driver was accepted into
the Linux kernel tree, so I downloaded linux 2.6.2 and installed the
lego driver with it. It checks in perfectly, no problem with the driver.
But, when I try to upload brickOS.srec to the RCX (2.0) using a patched
version of firmdl3 that understands /dev/usb/legousbtower0 I get the
following output:

bart@thorax firmdl $ ./firmdl3 --tty=/dev/usb/legousbtower0 --slow
../brickos-0.2.6.10/boot/brickOS.srec
nbread: error exit !

And in my /ver/log/syslog this appears:

Feb 14 18:37:06 thorax kernel: drivers/usb/misc/legousbtower.c: Couldn't
submit interrupt_in_urb

The LED of the tower lights up when firmdl3 runs, and when I turn off
the RCX, the same error appears.
What can be wrong here?

TIA
Bart Friederichs