 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3691
Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:50:25 GMT

Definitely interested in helping you test when it's working.

Regards,

        Mark.

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 03:59, Stephen M Moraco wrote:
Bart,

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Bart Friederichs wrote:

when I try to upload brickOS.srec to the RCX (2.0) using a patched
version of firmdl3 that understands /dev/usb/legousbtower0 I get the
following output:

   The problem is that USB tower on linux is not supported by firmdl3/dll
   at the moment.  I'm working on that capability now.   If I can, my intent
   is to have it work for 2.4 (user added driver) and 2.6  (built-in driver)
   kernels.

   The USB tower has been supported on Windows for some time now, it
   was never completed on Linux due to lack of drivers at the time.

   I only have a little time each week but I'm not too far away from this
   working.  I started with patches for legos-0.2.6 and had to recreate
   the changes in brickos-0.2.6.10.5  I'm almost there...  ;-)

   As soon a I have success, I'll make something available...

   Watch this space?

   Any of you have USB tower on Linux working with NQC?  (or other
   language system?)  Please let me know what you are using...

    Anybody interested in helping me test when I first find success?

Regards,
Stephen
--
The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own

Mark Syms <mark@marksyms.demon.co.uk>