 Robotics / 22160
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:50:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, John Hansen wrote:
I've released version 3.3.7.7 of BricxCC today.

Unfortunately, BricxCC is still not downloading the brickOS firmware correctly.
I will look into this problem and try to fix it.  In the mean time, you can use
firmdl3 which works correctly.

Upon further review, it would appear that (at least on my machine and one other
that I have heard about) the new release of BricxCC (3.3.7.7) does, in fact,
correctly download the brickOS firmware.  My previous tests were using an old
copy of the brickOS firmware.  The firmware in the brickos\boot directory, which
I just rebuilt from the 0.2.6.10 sourcecode, works fine after being downloaded
to the RCX by BricxCC.

Perhaps the problem was because I built the old copy of the brickOS firmware
using a different version of the cross compiler/binutils than the one I used to
build the .lx file.

Still waiting for feedback on the new tool windows...

John Hansen