 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3735
Re: BrickOs 0.2.6.10.6 vs 0.2.6.09.newConf2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 17:42:13 GMT

Patrik,

It could be a memory leak, or maybe a memory fragmentation issue.  If
the memory manager cannot find a single block of memory large enough for
the request it will fail.

You may be able to tell by displaying the available memory on the lcd,
then watching the count... if it continues to decrease, then I would
suspect a memory leak.

HTH,
// Joe

Patrik Westerlund wrote:

Hiya,

I think we have encountered a problem in the latest brickOS, we have
implemented a quite big program(to demonstrate a network protocol PROPHET).
We had some trouble using the latest brickos0.2.6.10.6 some memory leak?
caused the program to not be able to malloc any memory after some amout of
running time. However when we changed to the older version
0.2.6.09.newConf2 all problems disappeared, we have been running the robots
for about an hour with no problem.

So I suspect that there is some kind of memory leak in 10.6. We are using
alot of lnp communication if that might be the problem.

//Patrik