 Robotics / RCX / *5655 (-100)
  SDK 2.0

Hi everybody. Does anyone downloaded the new SDK 2.0 for RIS2.0? When i try to download the zip file, everything seems to work, but when i launch the EXE inside i get an error message "Corrupt Cabinet file" The download address is: (URL) in advance. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: threads

Thanks Albert (...) still (...) How do I check this? There are no other tasks that can kill threads apart from this one. I also checked process IDs after creation and before killing. Best regards, mike (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie again part 2

(...) You could try David Baum's (creator of NQC) simulator, found here: (URL) is 'very alpha', meaning that it's in its early stages of development and uses Java, so be ready to ask more questions :) Good luck and hope you get your RCX soon! Robert (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  newbie again part 2

Another doubt: When I'm programming with NQC, is there a way to run the program (simulate its behavior actualy) without the RCX (because I don't have it yet)? Thanks, -- Paula Berger E-mail: pberger@terra.com.br paula@inf.pucrs.br ICQ#: 71133278 (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: threads

some suggestions: 1) random_delay = random()/1000000; LegOS uses 16 bit integers, meaning the largest value an integer can have is something like 65535. The above statement is meaningless 2) (...) If you kill a thread, make sure it's still a valid (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie question

(...) Chris, if you start it in 'Programmer' mode and double-click (say) 'Inventor 4' you will open a new file complete with the 'Begin' and 'End' icons. If you pull down the 'Help' menu and click on 'Show Context Help' a screen will open that (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  newbie again

Hi everybody, a need some explanation about NQC. What I have to do is this: I have Lego Dacta's Control Lab (#9701) and I want to program it using NQC. I know now that I need to buy the RCX in order to do that, but is there anything else? What is (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  LNP Routing daemon with tcp/ip for RCX/legOS, Cybermaster/NQC

Dear NG, i try to develop a LNP routing daemon (LNPoI - Lego Network Protocol over Internet)and i think this peace of software can be also usefull to other people using legOS, RCX and Cybermasters (!). For now it´s only available as a binarie file (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Question about NQC code

Hi, I created the following light searching program: #define speed 2 #define inaccuracy 2 int lightstrength, max, min; task main() { SetSensor(SENSOR_2,S...OR_LIGHT); start searchforlight_a; } task searchforlight_a() { lightstrength = (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC

(...) that's a good point, especially for larger programs ! Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  newbie question

I have just got Robolab 2.5 and forgot to order user guides with it. Is it just me, or is it not entirely intuitive? I cannot yet find a way of starting a new project without first opening an existing one - am I missing something? (I have bought it (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: threads

Hi again, I'm now totally stuck with this problem. I've spent all day at it, stepping through the code line by line with key presses. I've marked the point that the code appears to hang in left_control_task (). Someone please help, please. Thanks (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Some remarks / questions about Brixcc

(...) Sorry about the mixup. I thought I'd tried capturing non-compiler errors with a redirect and it hadn't worked. But trying it just now it definitely does work. BricxCC is already capturing the compiler errors via the -E option. I am trying to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC

Hi John, I just got a new computer and tested your program on a AMD 1.333GHz Athon (Thunderbird). It works just great! I thank you for the adjustments/adds in your program as I requested. There is just one question left. Since I use to Delphi, I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Some remarks / questions about Brixcc

(...) Error messages go to one of two places. Errors from the compiler default to stderr but can be redirected with the -E option (-Efoo would sent them to a file named "foo"). Other errors (problem communicating with the RCX, illegal command line, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera

As far as I know, any functionality that uses the webcam will not work in version 2.5. As a temporary solution, you could use an external program to capture a webcam image, and then use the image loading VI in RoboLab to work with it. I haven't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  threads

Hi, I'm struggling to get threads working (in a simple motor speed matching program), the code just keeps hanging up. I've isolated the problem to when I restart the threads after killing them if a bumper is hit in the bumper_task() function. The (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX Controlled Special Loco with Decoupler

I made a speciaal Loco, it is 8-wide and controll by on board RCX with two geared motors, it will stop when back and IR sensor (made by John Barnes) detect train car, magnet will couple loco and train car, it also has a auto decoupler function, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Some remarks / questions about Brixcc

(...) I'll make this an option on the Watch window in the next release. Another user had requested that the Watch window only Poll when it was active. (...) This turned out to be a bug in the TFakeSpirit.SetSensorMode function. It will be fixed in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Assembly Language Programming on the RCX

(...) When the RCX 2.0 firmware came out, LEGO released an updated SDK ((URL) to take advantage of all the new stuff. One of the new features they provided was a new language called LEGO Assembler (LASM). This is as close to the hardware as you can (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Assembly Language Programming on the RCX

I'm interested in programming the RCX in assembly. I'm trying to get total control over the hardware in the manner I'm most familliar with. Everyting I've seen so far seems to use higher level languages (Java/variants of C/etc.) Does anyone know of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Some remarks / questions about Brixcc

some other remarks (version 3.3.3.2) 1. when loading a large program, Brixcc gives an error message "Program execution timed out, try ..", although the downloading still continues and will finish correctly. 2. when downloading an even larger program (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Some remarks / questions about Brixcc

hi John, some remarks / question about Brixcc (I used versions 3.3.2.13 and 3.3.3.2) 1. "Watching the Brick" only polls when the window has focus. I use it often in combination with the direct control and then I have to be continously aware if the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  TechTV features Mindstorms robot

All -- I was on TechTV demonstrating my Mindstorms-based Rubik's Cube solving robot last Novemeber. I just found out that there's streaming video of the event on the web. So, if you want to see CubeSolver in action, go to (URL) click the red "Video (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Measuring robot turn angle

Wanted to thank everybody for replies. I ended up attaching an 80-tooth gear to the rear axle (wheels are on the front set) after extending the axle. The rotation sensor is mounted on the chassis outside with an 8-tooth gear meshing to the other (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Dave Chen's Function List

(...) Message 1001, in case anyone was wondering. Better yet: (URL) been looking for something like this as well, so thanks for pointing me in that direction. Is there a more recent version? -- David Schilling (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Two Servo motor Conteroler available !

Two servo motor control for RCX available now. Mindsensors has developed a two servo motor control for the RCX. This interface works on IR message Sent from RCX. It can control tow servo motors with ~2 degree resolution, and can move from 0 to 180 (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: MacNQC can't open the #include file

(...) Hi John, I've just uploaded MacNQC 2.2.4 which fixes the #include problem. You need to have the include file in the same folder as the source file. Have Fun, Rob Bate (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: newbie

NQC is intended to write programs that run on programmable bricks (RCX, Cybermaster, and Scout). The 9751 is more like a peripheral for the host computer, so you'd need some tool that writes programs that run on the host. I think I've seen (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  newbie

Hello everybody, I`m just starting to use Lego Dacta products and I have one doubt: can I use NQC with other lego interfaces such as the 9751 kit, or does NQC only work with RCX? I need to know that becuase here in the University we still don`t have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Mac version

(...) If you are talking about Lejos, there has recently been a success report for Mac OS X. Replace gcc by cc in the Makefile and compile from source. If you succeed please post a diff with your modifications. Jürgen (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Mac version

Subject speaks for itself. Is there a Mac port? (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  USB Serail convertor woes with 2.5 on a Mac

Hi, I have 2.5 installed on a iBook running OS9.2.2 with both a Belkin USB serial convertor and a Xircom convertor. The latter can download the firmware, but the former errors after only 4% download. I am using RCX 1.0 from the Team Challenge kit (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Configuring LegOS with USB tower under Win2K.

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your quick reply. Thank you for the USB fix. I have also done as you suggested and altered the path under #NT - I forgot the drive letter should have been specified //x where x is the drive, C:, D: etc. I have now eliminated (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Configuring LegOS with USB tower under Win2K.

Thanks for your interest Dave. The source for the USB tower Win2k patch is located at anonymous ftp://134.29.51.4 I can also give you one hint to get you going on configuring legos for cygwin. The most problems I have had are with the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Automatic train switching with RCX

Dear all, we've built an automatic train switching mechanism using the RCX. It detects trains using reed contacts (cheap devices sensitive to magnets) and switches two points so that the train stops and another one departs instead. We've tried to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Measuring robot turn angle

(...) Another option would be to connect a single rotation sensor directly to the motor that turns your robot. (you may wish to gear it down) You could not detect the distance forward or backward (from the other motor), but you could calculate the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Measuring robot turn angle

(...) I have done this, although not with a differential. My solution used a rotation sensor on each axel, and good navigation can be done with that. Since you can guarantee that both axels turn the same amount, a single rotation sensor should be (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Measuring robot turn angle

(...) Robert, I have been playing with this problem a bit. Another approach is to power each tread with a separate motor, use a differential assembly to add the shaft rotation from both sides and use a rotation sensor to 'control' to a zero (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB, Windows, legOS

Hi Don and Aaron, Any chance of sending me the patches for the USB Tower to work under Cygwin. I may be able to help get the patches working. I have some experience with Win95/98/2K. Dave W. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Measuring robot turn angle

The drive system in my robot is an adder-subtractor (see (URL) which uses two differentials in order to get equalized forward/reverse drive while allowing turning and pivoting (turning in place). For navigational purposes, the robot should be able (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Configuring LegOS with USB tower under Win2K.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone have any info. on setting up and using the new USB tower with Cygwin and the H8 cross-compiler for LegOS under Win2K. These are the instructions I am currently following :- (URL) would also be very grateful for any more (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MacNQC can't open the #include file

When I have an #include line in my .nqc source file, such as #include "incl_file.nqh" the compiler complains that it can't open the referenced file. I get the following error: Error: could not open file incl_file.nqh test_file.nqc line 1 #include (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: startin with robolab

(...) I'm pretty sure that you cannot download ROBOLAB, but must purchase it. What country are you in? This page will help you figure out where you can buy it: (URL) will need ROBOLAB version 2.5 if you do not want to buy the RCX and IR Tower. As (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Linux driver for USB Tower

Have a look at: (URL) I'm not involved! (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux driver for USB Tower

Hi all, is anybody developing a Linux driver for the USB Tower shipped with Mindstorms 2.0. Stewart (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCXblt.dll

Absolutely brilliant! Exactly what I needed and it's working fine in .NET. Thanks so much -Brad (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Driving R/C servos and interrupt latencies

Hi, I finally succeeded in driving up to 7 R/C servos from the RCX using a shift register and a re-triggerable monostable (for synchronization) all driven from the FTOA output line (senor B, AC coupled into a transistor) . This involved switching (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCXblt.dll

(...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera

Hmm... And how about the 'internet' camera? Will that one work with win2000/xp? Then I could just run a webcam-application to upload the image to the local ftp server, and Robolab could get that image from the local web server. But alas, when I try (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RCXblt.dll

Anyone started programming directly with the dll's from RIS2.0 ? I'm trying to program in C# and I have only been able to generate COM wrappers (RCXblt.dll being the main one). The method that has me stuck (as I cannot find doco anywhere) is (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Dave Chen's Function List

Dave Chen's Function List (Published on lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos on April 16 2000) Very useful!! Thks. Regards -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera

Hi, RoboLab 2.5 will not work with any webcam in Windows 2000 and XP. Thankfully, support for these two OSes will be included in the next release of RoboLab, and any camera that has a driver for Windows 2000 or XP should work fine. Pete (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Is this group dead??

(...) No, see (URL) . (...) It contains so few bugs that there is no need for discussion :-) Jürgen (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Robolab and 3rd party camera

Hi, I'm trying to use the cool Robolab 2.5 camera features, but I'm running into problems. I don't have the Lego (Logitech) camera, but I'm trying to use a 3rd party webcam. Has anyone succeeded in doing so? Using Windows 2000, no matter what camera (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Blocking problem?

Hi all, The model this is written for is a biped walker with each leg driven by it's own motor. The PB is a Scout. It uses a modified version of ping.nqc to do IR proximity detection. When it detects that there is an obstacle, it should back up, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Is this group dead??

Hi, is Java for LEGO dead? I am interested in LEGO if it has a Java version for the RCX but it takes some activity to get a bug free VM for the RCX...or? /Morten (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger interface to the RCX

Hi, Since the GP2D12 sensor interfacing has been sucessfuly been completed, here is another request. Can someone suggest a way to interface the Devantech SRF04 Ultrasonic Ranger to the RCX? This seems to be a great sensor to use for mapping... (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: VC++6 and LegOS

Definitely it works. Thanks steve. Regards. -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager "Steve Hassenplug" <steveh@mailcode.com> escribió en el mensaje news:GpBrn5.6nL@lugnet.com... (...) arguments' (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VC++6 and LegOS

I have my Visual Studio set up so I can make programs, download programs, and download firmware all from the 'tools' menu in VS (VC++). So far, the only thing I'm not set up for is editing the 'makefile' file. Under 'Tools>Customize...' select the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  remote control using PIC16F877

Hello everyone. I've just developed a remote control for the RCX using the PIC16F877. It's very useful due to the fact that it does not need a computer, but still needs the ir tower (the serial one, sorry I'll try to adapt the project tu use the new (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

I've got 2 be honest: I'm new in LegOS, but I've had a similar problem. I decided to create a new project (inside de /demo dir) and I couldn't compile at the beginning, but I edited the file .depend and I copied the last section (the one for rover) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  VC++6 and LegOS

Hi, I'd like 2 know if there's a way to integrate VC++ 6 and LegOS, not 4 debugging, but for use VC as editor (very good as editor) and then just compile inside the IDE??? -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  My Lego Racer

Thank you Sir . sorry about the poor quaility of Pictures but my sony cybershot was not all that it was ment to be I guess. but this is my first very ever creation using only my brain and tyinal :) No instructions what so ever. (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: My Lego Mindstorms.

Nice work! I like the way the RCX is a part of the shape of the racer. It looks like a lively machine at that gear ratio. The cockpit is also well equipped. Thanks for sharing. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) <Xpack1@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LNPD: communication between clients

(...) Great, thank you very much. Btw, didn't you diff in reverse order (I grabbed version 1.2.4.2)? The lines to add begin with "-"... Eric (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  My Lego Mindstorms.

Hi all this is my lego mindstorms racer I built for a compatition at michigan lurance uv. 1 touch 2 motors. took a week to build LOL (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LNPD: communication between clients

In adding LNP support to EmuLegOS I needed this feature in the lnpd. If you grab EmuLegos there is a patch for lnpd that will add the feature you are looking for. The patch has nothing to do with EmuLegOS so you can apply it without setting up the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: host address

(...) Do you have a patch? (...) I'm writing a compiler (automaton model of the robot to C). With dynamic addresses, it could manage an "addresses pool", and simply add a call to change the address when the program starts... On the other hand, if (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: host address

Eric, see the thread started by Zhengrong Zhang on 11/5/01 about this. short: we can't find any compelling reason to hardcode the address. I'm not sure about Zhengrong, but I've modified my copy of LegOS to support "dynamic" addresses (i.e. can (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX radiocontrol

Hello Does anybody make a RCX radiocontrol? Thanks Gonzalo (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

Hi Steve, (...) Yes. Actually, I am working on a robot that finds a path trough a maze. After solving the maze, a second program can run through the maze with the informations from the first program. (I will do this with shared mem). Both programs (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD: communication between clients

It seems that when a client of lnpd sends data to the IR tower, these are not sent to the other clients connected to the daemon. Unfortunately, I really need this feature... So I tried to call "deliver_packet(tx_buffer, tx_end-tx_buffer);" in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: ROBOLAB 2.5 (USB) woes with Mac OS 9.2

This morning I tried reinstalling ROBOLAB, and now it works. I wish I knew why... Dean (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

(...) Yes, I'm sure I can. And I think it would be 'safer' that way. But Mike's idea about functions sounds interesting. I don't really have any idea about how I would use that in a real program, but it sure sounds interesting. Steve (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

I think this is what you want, but I am still learning. :) int inc (int&); int dec (int&); int (*pFunc) (int); //pointer to a function that accepts/returns an int if (add) { pFunc = inc; } else { pFunc = dec; } int a = pFunc(10); So, if add is true, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

(...) ooohh. I like that idea. So I can write one program with all my functions and my other programs can just include a couple function calls. Again, in my VB world, I don't mess with pointers. When you have a minute, can you type up a sample (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

(...) Yes. That is the only thing you have to do. You can store whatever you want. (...) Exactly. If you know you what you do, nothing bad can happen. BTW., this scheme can be extended to something like a shared library. If you store pointers to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

(...) Thanks, Michael. This appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. I assume if I want to store more values, I can just change the 'shared' struct, right? (add l, m, n...) When you say 'multitasking problems', you're talking about storing & (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: startin with robolab

I have only the building parts to an Intelligent House set and the illustrated building instructions... I suppose I can download the Robolab software right? But my doubt is if I must buy the RCX and IR Tower. -- Paula Berger E-mail: (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  ROBOLAB 2.5 (USB) woes with Mac OS 9.2

I just gave my son ROBOLAB (2.5, with USB tower, in the Team Challenge set) and can't get it to run on our Power Macintosh G3 running Mac OS 9.2.1. When I bring up ROBOLAB, the "ADMINISTRATOR" button is not enabled, so I can't download firmware to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: startin with robolab

Do you have the building parts to an Intelligent House set? Do you have the illustrated building instructions? Do you have a RCX and an IR Tower? Do you have the RoboLab software? (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Vision Command

I would have tried that, but there was nowhere to choose where it looks for the files. It prompts for the windows CD and has only one button, "ok". Clicking on the OK button without the windows CD in the drive does nothing. Thanks QBF (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Vision Command

(...) Jason, many of the files are probably in the CAB files on your hard drive. When it asks you for a missing file from your WIN98 disk, refer it to C:\windows\options\cabs. Vision Command works fine with Win98. Jerry (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RL2.5 crashes on Win95

Hi all, Has anyone got RL2.5 working on Win95 OSR1? I just got my copy for Xmas and it crashes after displaying the main menu screen :( Just for fun (haha!) I tried on another machine, also installed with Win95 and got the same result - looks like (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Vision Command

I just got Vision command for christmas. Because I am out of town I tried it on a laptop. The setup required the windows 98 CD. I have a CD with the windows 98 setup but it is not the original CD and the VC setup didn't like it. Is there any way to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Thanks you all

I really want to say thanks To Rick Sellers, Rainer Balzerowski,& Bob Fay Who offered me there help The file has been found Anyway have you (& all lugnet members) all a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year From me Love Lego We live to build Yaron Dori (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: startin with robolab

(...) There are actually two versions of the Lego Dacta Intelligent House. The earlier version #9707 is packaged with the Control Lab Serial Interface B (#2001304) which uses the Lego Logo software. It can also be used with Lego Engineer 2.0 (which (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  startin with robolab

Hello, Im new with Robolab and Lego Dacta. And I didn't undestand if Robolab can be used with all Lego Dacta products, such as theIntelligent House (with what I'm working). If someone could give me a hand as soon as possible, it would be great. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Help needed

Nowhere ! The Spirit.ocx is included in the CD content from RIS 1.0 and 1.5. It was available at the lego homepage, but it's not included in the LEGO SDK anymore. (Or am i missing something ?) Since the RIS 2.0 has an USB Tower you can't use it with (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Help needed

Does anyone can tell me from where I can download the file 'spirit.ocx'. Thanks! Yaron Dori (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RIS2 Upgrade on W95 & Pentium(I)

Does anyone know what the .cab file format is like? I mean, if the files are "password protected", does that mean they are encrypted? or does it just mean that some programs won't let you in? (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Shuting up the RCX

(...) :-( Too heavy for me. Thanks anyway (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Shuting up the RCX

(...) very easy to (...) Ok, perhaps I'll give it a try on Xmas. Thanks a lot (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  How to make shared memory....not

(...) You ask for it, you get it. BUT: It works, sort of. It will not survive any multitasking problems. Shared memory has to be handled by the OS, not by a user program. I split your problem to 3 programs. Program 1 allocates the memory and prints (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RIS2 Upgrade on W95 & Pentium(I)

(...) Well, I have a fully functional RIS 1.5 including the serial tower. I got the RIS2 "Upgrade" disk from S@H. It's installer checks for OS and bails when it finds W95. And, of course, the .cab files are password protected, so, none of this (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  I need to borrow a USB Tower.

I don't post to these groups very often, being mostly a lurker, but I am attempting to make a contribution to the world of lego robotics. I am working on what will be an open source version of the spirit.ocx. In fact it's been available as an alpha (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: USB, Windows, legOS

I tried the patch and still get the error "Error 6 GetCommState". Anyone know what this error means and what I can do to correct it? I would really like to get legOS running. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Storing Data

(...) It was suggested by some of my 'c++' co-workers that this was the case (shared memory was available). However, I don't deal with that in my Visual Basic world. They also suggested there were 'unused' memory blocks in LegOS where data could be (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Storing Data

(...) As there is no memory management, any memory not on the stack is by definition shared between any threads. Concurrency control is up to you however. John A. Tamplin jat@jaet.org 770/436-5387 HOME 4116 Manson Ave 770/431-9459 FAX Smyrna, GA (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact