 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2203
Re: Configuring LegOS with USB tower under Win2K.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:08:01 GMT

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Thank you for the USB fix.
I have also done as you suggested and altered the path under #NT - I forgot
the drive letter should have been specified //x where x is the drive, C:, D:
etc.
I have now eliminated path related problems.

One again, Many Thanks.

Dave W.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Aaron Berg writes:
Thanks for your interest Dave. The source for the USB tower Win2k patch is
located at anonymous ftp://134.29.51.4

I can also give you one hint to get you going on configuring legos for
cygwin. The most problems I have had are with the Makefile.common. There are
three different places that you can set paths to where your h8300 compilers
are. djpp, cygwin/winNT, and linux. Oddly enough my system kept looking at
the djpp line. So a quick fix would be to just put the correct path
statement in all the different config path lines. (I am using cygwin btw)

My config path line looks like this:
TOOLPREFIX=/cygwin-b20/h-i586-cygwin32/bin/h9300-hms-

I hope that was helpfull and good luck,
Aaron

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Dave Wightman writes:
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any info. on setting up and using the new USB tower with
Cygwin and the H8 cross-compiler for LegOS under Win2K.

These are the instructions I am currently following :-

http://legos.sourceforge.net/files/windows/cygwin/legOS-0.2.4.html

I would also be very grateful for any more up-to-date instructions or hints
and tips.

Thanks.

Dave W.