 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 165
Re: newbie question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:38:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Chris Fry writes:
I have just got Robolab 2.5 and forgot to order user guides with it. Is it
just me, or is it not entirely intuitive? I cannot yet find a way of
starting a new project without first opening an existing one - am I missing
something? (I have bought it with the intention of using it with the Control
Lab Interface and have tried it out, briefly, under W95, W98 and W2000)

--
Chris, if you start it in 'Programmer' mode and double-click (say) 'Inventor
4' you will open a new file complete with the 'Begin' and 'End' icons.  If

At a basic level I find it to be very intuitive.  However, as you undertake
more difficult tasks, the advanced capabilities are not entirely intuitive.
However, don't give up;  it's a very capable piece of software.

I have never seen the User Guides but some of the posts in this newsgroup
lead me to believe that, while they are good classroom material, they
relatively expensive and are *not* great as a software manual.  However,
there are lots of good sources on the internet.  I suggest you search
news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/robolab for 'Robolab 2.5' posts.

Jerry