 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 159
Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 05:46:25 GMT

Hi,

RoboLab 2.5 will not work with any webcam in Windows 2000 and XP.
Thankfully, support for these two OSes will be included in the next release
of RoboLab, and any camera that has a driver for Windows 2000 or XP should
work fine.

Pete

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Aldo Hoeben writes:
Hi,

I'm trying to use the cool Robolab 2.5 camera features, but I'm running into
problems. I don't have the Lego (Logitech) camera, but I'm trying to use a
3rd party webcam. Has anyone succeeded in doing so?

Using Windows 2000, no matter what camera I select (tried a webcam, VfW and
WDM drivers for a capture card), I get the 'no camera' static image in
Vision Center. Also, there is no camera 'setup' screen (button doesn't do
anything). Are there any specific requirements for the (web)cam? Are the
vision features compatible with windows 2000 at all?

with regards,

'do

--

ir. Aldo Hoeben                        Assistant professor
mailto:A.Hoeben@io.tudelft.nl   ID-Studiolab / IDEATE Tools