 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 163
Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:34:17 GMT

As far as I know, any functionality that uses the webcam will not work in
version 2.5. As a temporary solution, you could use an external program to
capture a webcam image, and then use the image loading VI in RoboLab to work
with it. I haven't tried this method, but I would imagine that it should work
fine for now.

Again, the webcam problems should be fixed in the next release of RoboLab.

Pete

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Aldo Hoeben writes:
Hmm... And how about the 'internet' camera? Will that one work with
win2000/xp? Then I could just run a webcam-application to upload the image
to the local ftp server, and Robolab could get that image from the local web
server. But alas, when I try this, I only get a white/blank image. Not
supported either?

with regards,

'do

--

ir. Aldo Hoeben                        Assistant professor
mailto:A.Hoeben@io.tudelft.nl   ID-Studiolab / IDEATE Tools

"Peter Parente" <parenp@rpi.edu> wrote in message • news:GpEG1D.HLp@lugnet.com...
Hi,

RoboLab 2.5 will not work with any webcam in Windows 2000 and XP.