 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2179
Re: How to make shared memory....not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:42:02 GMT

I think this is what you want, but I am still learning. :)

int inc (int&);
int dec (int&);

int (*pFunc) (int); //pointer to a function that accepts/returns an int
if (add) {
    pFunc = inc;
}
else {
    pFunc = dec;
}

int a = pFunc(10);

So, if add is true, then pFunc points at the inc function.  If it is false,
it points at the dec function.  Then, you can call pFunc(10), and not worry
if you called inc or dec, as long as the arguments/return values are the
same.  This can be modified into Michael's code to call functions from
different programs.

Can't you just link in a library/object file with all of your common
functions when you link the final source to be downloaded?  I haven't used
legOS much, never could get it to work, but it seems like it would be
possible instead of messing with pointers and addresses that have the
potential to be incorrectly set.

Andy