 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2198
Re: USB, Windows, legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:02:48 GMT

Hi Don and Aaron,

Any chance of sending me the patches for the USB Tower to work under Cygwin.
I may be able to help get the patches working. I have some experience with
Win95/98/2K.

Dave W.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Don Texeira writes:
I tried the patch and still get the error "Error 6 GetCommState". Anyone
know what this error means and what I can do to correct it? I would really
like to get legOS running.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Aaron Berg writes:
Attention everyone trying or have gotten the USB IR tower to work under
windows running legOS. I have some patches from at certain Jin Sato that are
supposed to allow one to upload programs and the legOS kernel via the USB IR
tower. First off I am getting //./legotower1 device not found error. For
anyone knowing how to solve that problem please email me and post to the
newgroup. Next if anyone can help figure out how to contact any USB device
under cygwin please email me also. If anyone has any other patches or
solutions to this problem also post and contact me. I will continue to work
on this problem throughout the weekend. if no one else can solve it
hopefully I'll get this patch working by monday. I also have a hint that it
may be placement of the files dll and firmdl3 that could make the
difference. Thanks all!
-Aaron