 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2207
Re: threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:08:07 GMT

Hi again, I'm now totally stuck with this problem. I've spent all day at it,
stepping through the
code line by line with key presses. I've marked the point that the code
appears to hang in
left_control_task (). Someone please help, please.
Thanks
Mike

int bumper_task • (int argc, char *argv[])
{
long int
random_delay;

while (1)
{
// • wait for bumper to be hit (and released to
debounce)
wait_event (&bumper_hit, • 0);
msleep (250);
wait_event
(&bumper_release, 0);
// hit an object so • kill all other threads and stop
kill
(left_thread);
kill • (right_thread);
kill (speed_thread);
stop_motors
();

// back • up
motor_a_speed (200);
motor_b_speed • (200);
motor_c_speed
(200);
motor_a_dir (rev);
motor_b_dir • (rev);
motor_c_dir (rev);
msleep
(500);

// turn a random • amount
motor_a_dir (fwd);
random_delay • =
random()/1000000;
msleep(random_delay);
stop_motors ();

// • restart
threads and motors

******** SEEMS TO BE THE NEXT 2 LINES THAT HANG • IT
********

left_thread = execi (&left_control_task, 0, 0, • 3,
DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
right_thread = execi (&right_control_task, 0, 0, • 3,
DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
speed_thread = execi (&speed_target_task, 0, 0, • 1,
DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE);
start_motors_full ();
}

return 0;
} // end • of
bumper_task ()

int left_control_task (int argc, char *argv[])
{
// dummy • code to keep
it simple till main structure correct
int count =
0;

********************* GETS THIS FAR STEPPING THROUGH ************

for (count = • 255; count > 100; count--
)
{
motor_a_speed (count);
lcd_int • (count);