 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2227
Re: More on threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:59:09 GMT

Of course you are right. I think it is a bad programming style not to give
your program the
ability to terminate but to run in an endless loop. But

This is not true of an embedded system
though which will have to run 'forever'.

This is, because the work_task thread has a • priority of NORMAL+4. So, the
main task won't get
any time slice at all.

NO time slice or
just a very small chunk of time?

Also, what priority does this mean main() has? One of the
other suggestions that was given was to just call one of my threads from
main() and let it run as an
infinite loop, ie, it will never return to main(), so main() can never exit.
This would not work if
main() has a very low priority or even no time slice at all??

Can anyone recommend any good
books or websites on the subjects that have been touched on this thread
(sic), ie, memory
management, threads etc.

Best regards, mike