 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2214
Re: threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:43:14 GMT

two of your threads terminate shortly after being started

int speed_target_task (int argc, char *argv[])
{
return 0;
} // end of speed_target_task ()

int right_control_task (int argc, char *argv[])
{
// dummy code
int count = 0;

for (count = 255; count > 100; count--)
{
motor_c_speed (count);
msleep (100);
}

return 0;
} // end of right_control_task ()

as far as I know, legOS provides no functionality for determining whether or
not a thread is alive or not.  You need to keep track of this yourself (e.g.
using a variable/flag that gets set when the thread dies)

Another option is to just put an infinite loop in all threads, so that they
never terminate themselves.  something like     while(1) { /* some code */
msleep(100); }

-al

"mike mcfarlane" <mcfarlane_mike@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Thanks Albert

If you kill a thread, make sure it's still a valid thread (i.e. • still
running).  undefined behavior will result from killing an invalid thread.

How do I
check this? There are no other tasks that can kill threads apart from this
one. I also checked
process IDs after creation and before killing.

Best regards, mike