 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2181
LNPD: communication between clients
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 05:10:57 GMT

It seems that when a client of lnpd sends data to the IR tower, these are not
sent to the other clients connected to the daemon. Unfortunately, I really
need this feature...

So I tried to call "deliver_packet(tx_buffer, tx_end-tx_buffer);" in
rcx_read() in tranceiver.c, just after "confirm_packet(TX_SUCCESS);" (ie.
when a packet has been sent without any collision). But it does not work:
two packets are successfully replicated, then subsequent calls to
lnp_addressing_write() in the client return TX_FAILURE. lnpd detects the
third "incoming" packet but then nothing happens.

Does someone have any idea? Is Martin Cornelius still the maintainer of lnpd?

Eric

PS: to reply to my previous question :), yes, there is an obvious reason to
use a define for the host address: it must be known to download programs into
the RCX.

--
web: http://student.ulb.ac.be/~eswalens