 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / *440 (-100)
  All your Yellow Pod Fins belong to us

~~FLASH~~ Quetzalcoatl Visits the Legomaster! (URL) to follow. (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.people, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Is anyone planning for the Pomona Fair?

Congradulations on your awards, Last year I attended the Los Angeles County fair in Pomona, and was specifically interested in viewing the Lego stuff. I didn't see much worthwhile, infact I was very disapointed to see a couple of kids win blue (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Is anyone planning for the Pomona Fair?

Sorry I took so long to get the word out but last week I got word from John G. that our entries, his observatory, my suspension bridge won 2nd and his 3rd under our entry catagory at Del Mar Fair this year! Feels good to earn second place for my (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Photos from my trip through US / Canada

Hi all, I finally got around to sorting out my photos (well some of them, anyway), and uploaded some of the ones I thought people might be interested in. So here they are: Legoland California: (URL) meeting, April 2001 (including Bricktopia): (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: newbie question

Hi Bruce, The next meeting will be at our house in southern Orange County (Mission Viejo) on August 4 at 1PM. I've avoided posting directions because they are doing construction at our house. Here are the old directions. I'll be posting new (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  newbie question

hi guys. i've been thinking about going to a meeting. so after looking for a group in my area, i've wound (sp) up here. i was curious as to if i could possibly attend the next meeting (i read a little bit about it). if someone could post some (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: People confirmed for next meeting

Rod Ripley just confirmed as well. Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:GEn8K2.ww@lugnet.com... (...) coming (...) be (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  People confirmed for next meeting

(I'm mainly posting this so I can keep track) The following people have said that they are probably (or definitely) coming to the next meeting: Me (Brad Hamilton) and my wife (Shelly) - At least one new building will be in Bricktopia Brian Stokes (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next LUGOLA Meeting - August 4th 1PM - My house

Hey, Maybe you should have a meeting at your house so we can see your large buildings? Also, if I know I'm going to have to transport something I build it so that it fractions into several pieces. Unfortunately, this often takes 30%-100% extra (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next LUGOLA Meeting - August 4th 1PM - My house

Count me in! Brad, unfortunately that lighthouse is something I built a while ago and is only remembered by the pictures that took me forever to post. The building I have right now is a Swiss Chalet but I'm not sure if I'll build something new with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next LUGOLA Meeting - August 4th 1PM - My house

I'll be there. I hope to bring a new passenger train and a new building. Robert Powell (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Next LUGOLA Meeting - August 4th 1PM - My house

Hi guys, So, it looks like the next meeting is going to be Saturday, August 4th at 1PM at our house (in Southern Orange County - Mission Viejo). So far, the following people have expressed interest: Me (Brad Hamilton) and my wife (Shelly) Brian (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting - When? Where?

Hey Guys! If we go ahead with the first Saturday of August at Brad's house, maybe we can take a spin over to LLC? A while back, Steve Barile of PNLTC said on lugnet.trains they would be putting down their work at LL that weekend. I emailed Steve (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Revised Suspension Bridge Done!!

I finally completed my revision for the Del Mar Fair in San Diego! This version is wider and longer than the one shown at Brad's house but it is also shorter, about six inches less. I also created a train for it! Nothing really new, I used parts (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  RG Mech Completed!!!

Hey all, It's with great delight I present the "RG Mech". (URL) by people I've met on Lugnet as well as it's founders. Thank you so very much for helping to create a place for crazy Lego builders like myself. Just as much thanks and praise to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Next Meeting - When? Where?

I'm up for the 1st Saturday in August. I should be able to finish my latest mech by then. The drive doesn't bother me because Dave and I just jabber jaw all the way. Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting - When? Where?

Hell-ya I want another meeting!!!!! Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> To: <lugnet.org.us.lugol...ugnet.com> Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 4:01 PM Subject: Next Meeting - When? Where? (...) mid (...) which (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Henry Lim builds LEGO AND plays piano???

Hey, I was just browsing through some old LUGOLA posts (I have a lot of time on my hands tonight). I found some pictures of some old LUGOLA meetings (before my time) and found my way onto Henry Lim's web site. It turns out that he is quite the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Eric Bitton - Thanks for the catalogs!

Eric, Pardon-moi. J'ai fais une faute avec votre nom. Pardon my probable French mis-spellings and so forth. I was trying to say sorry about making a mistake with your name! Anyhow, I'm really enjoying three of those catalogs you handed out. LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting - When? Where?

I just "negotiated" with Shelly. It turns out that the proposed timeframe is fairly tight, but I can host the first Saturday in August starting about 12:30. This would be the ideal mid-point date between the June 2nd meeting and the mid-September (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Next Meeting - When? Where?

The Michons (In Irvine) have offered to host a meeting in late August to mid September, preferably in mid September. This would leave a hole of about 3 and 1/2 months in between meetings which is a bit long. I would like to see a meeting in between (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Great Meeting!

(...) Yes, thanks Robert! The meeting space was very cool! It had tables and chairs aplenty, lots of room for displaying and parts-digging, and convenient bathrooms! <Grin> Also, a very big thank you to Jimmy for so graciously allowing me ride with (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Pictures from Southern California LUGOLA Meeting - June 2

This meeting was held in Carlsbad, California, only a few blocks away from LegoLand! Robert Powell hosted at his work. This was a great location because there was plenty of floor space and table space. Thanks Robert! Here is the main index of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Great Meeting!

More Trade Fodder - YES! I'm going to spend most of today sorting through the massive cache of stuff I got from you. Brian Stokes <bstokes@aqueryus.com> wrote in message news:001701c0ebd3$a3...8c0@AQG... (...) a (...) Jurassic (...) were (...) one, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Great Meeting!

Thanks very much Robert for hosting such a great meeting. I'll post the pictures tomorrow as well as my little "blurb" tomorrow. Robert Powell <rpowell25@home.com> wrote in message news:GEBx2F.56y@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Great Meeting!

Thank you Robert for hosting the meeting. Although I didn't have a new model to show I did trade quite a bit. I also had some great conversations. This meeting felt very relaxed. Christopher Snead: Thanks for driving all that way bro. I know it was (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Great Meeting!

Brad, where are the pics? I need to see what I missed out on and I also want to see your new building. Setting something up at Legoland sometime would be very cool. Jason (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Great Meeting!

NO, thank you Robert for hosting the meeting at your work. Here's a thought, sense Brad Justice showed up maybe we could convince him and/or Legoland to let us do a display at Legoland sometime. Between Bricktopia, the Mechs, Train Club, the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Great Meeting!

Hello Everyone, The meeting went extremely well! I don't think Brian Stokes could have brought more parts. Some really great MOC's and the attendance of Brad Justus made it exciting. I look forward to the next one. Many thanks to everyone! Robert (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Brian's Trade Fodder

(I got this from Brian - Its posted as a reply elsewhere) I have completed loading up the car with Lego and my Jeep now looks lowered! For everyone who is not attending, let me say that you are missing out on a mother-load of trade fodder! With the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting Update

I have completed loading up the car with Lego and my Jeep now looks lowered! For everyone who is not attending, let me say that you are missing out on a mother-load of trade fodder! With the exception of a monorail and train set, you could almost (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Add one more

Dan Jassim is coming down as well. He is going to car-pool with me. He's just going to bring some trading fodder and some little stuff. (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Remove One More :-(

Wimp! Can't stop by for an hour or two? Adrian Egli <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:GEB62A.69n@lugnet.com... (...) got (...) high, (...) and (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Remove One More :-(

Sorry Guys, I said I wasn't, then I could, now I can't. Just these dopes conduction the Del Mar Fair are doing what I expect them to do. When I got the notice letter, it stated the model had to be housed under Plexiglas! NOT CHEAP! Especially for a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Have Fun/Good Luck

you Lugola guys have fun at the meeting and good luck! I was talking with Bryce and I may send one of my Mechs down for a visit for your next meeting! Enjoy and take plenty of pictures! Eric Gardenslug (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting Update

Shucks! I was looking forward to seeing your MOC. Jason Sutherland <jasonsutherland5@cs.com> wrote in message news:GE9zn1.FAs@lugnet.com... (...) attend (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Meeting Update

I am sorry to say that something has come up and I will be unable to attend the meeting tomorrow. Although I do have a pretty cool MOC that I guess will have to wait until the next meeting. Jason (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting Update - June 2nd 11AM

(...) I'm coming and I'll be bringing a MOC that I'm entering in the Del Mar Fair. John Gramley (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Possible surprise visitor to June 2 get-together

I already mentioned this in the previous post, but it was burried: We have been informed that Brad Justus of LEGO Direct is going to be in the area on the day of our meeting and MAY drop by. He has some activities to complete at LEGOLAND so he may (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Oops - Yet another mistake - Brad "Justice" is spelled Brad "Justus" - Pardon my mistake - I guess I was just too excited! Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:GE84EC.476@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) Darwin (...) Cul-De-Sac. (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Oops - I messed up my description - I'm "Bringing 2" new buildings. Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:GE84EC.476@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) Darwin (...) Cul-De-Sac. (...) above (...) the (...) say (...) you (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Meeting Update - June 2nd 11AM

Hi All, Robert has been a bit busy with work, so he asked me to post the update information about the upcoming get-together. Here is the location information (duplicated from an earlier email): 5939 Darwin Ct, Suite 101 Carlsbad, Ca 92008 (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Tuesday Morning report

I have extra curves as well! The straights are much easier to use. Eric Bitton <kzin@toast.net> wrote in message news:GE553K.G5L@lugnet.com... (...) happy (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Tuesday Morning report

(...) Hi Brad! At this time, I am not really interested in selling any of my monorail or train stuff. And when I looked through my monorail, I did notice that I had an awful lot of curves, but not that many straights. So something tells me I should (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: New MOC's I'm bringing to the meeting - Teaser Pic

I will hopefully be bringing my completed Mayan pyramid. Some people saw this MOC briefly last meeting but I've changed a few things and will hopefully finish it before the meeting. Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: Brad Hamilton (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  New MOC's I'm bringing to the meeting - Teaser Pic

I'll be bringing two new buildings to the meeting. I've not yet posted any pictures of these buildings so people can be surprised. Building 1: 10 stories high Takes up a 32x32 baseplate Futuristic theme Teaser pic: (URL) 2: Castle theme 8 stories (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd Meeting Update - Location

I regret to inform everyone that something has come up for me on the 2nd and I will be unable to attend. I was really looking forward to it. Please take bunches of pictures so I can see everyones new stuff. Don't forget to bat around ideas for the (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Tuesday Morning report

Hi Eric, I could go for at least 2 more large monorail straights if you are interested in selling some of them. I know that other folks would be happy to buy up other train and monorail stuff. Brad P.S. I think that MOC is "My Own Creation." Eric (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Tuesday Morning report

(...) No problem. Thanks for telling us about the sale in the first place. Okay, I made it to the Westchester location yesterday. The line-up was pretty much the same, except that they had at least 10 of the Spielberg/Studio big set. Also, I forgot (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  RE: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

(...) Where's the store that has the DDK for $30 ? I've searched the web for "Til Tuesday" and all I could find was a band that goes by that name. :) Leonardo (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

Sorry about messing up the store's name.... Tuesday Morning, Til' Tuesday, at least I was kind of close. Brian ----- Original Message ----- From: Eric Bitton <kzin@toast.net> To: <lugnet.org.us.lugol...ugnet.com> Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 2:17 PM (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

(...) After some head-scratching (I thought "Til Tuesday" was a band!), I found a couple of local "Tuesday Morning" stores and hit the one in Santa Monica (Santa Monica Blvd and 9th Street). Aside from the Insectoid base/spider-thing, they also had (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

LEGO on sale at "Til Tuesday" stores. They have a meager assortment of Lego System sets and several Throwbots marked down about 50% from retail. The largest set they had was Insectoid Base which selling for $50.00. They also had the Droid Developer (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

(...) Hey, that sounds really neat! Our own, temporary, Lego command center! Well, gosh-darn-it, I'm sure as shootin' gonna try to make this meeting! (Sorry, been watching too much "Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" <Grin>) I was looking for a fellow (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Test Post, please disregard

Hi there, Lego Psychopath here. Just seeing if LUGNET will let me post. More later... Zrath (Lego, ergo sum) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

I've done some "tweaking" with my schedule and it looks like I'll be able to show up :-) I don't know what I'm going to bring just yet, but, I've been going through my instructions/brochures files and might have some spare I could sell off for those (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Wish List

If anyone wants to trade for rather buy pieces from the huge monster collection I acquired, I'm still looking for Egyptian/tan Lego pieces. Islander and Achu minifigs as well as Mayan Adventurer pieces are also high on my list. Brian (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

Brian, what are you looking for this time around? I still owe you plenty :-D (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd Meeting Update - Location

I still plan on going. Chris is still in (he's not driving right?). Also Dave Johann will be coming along. He just cleared his calendar. Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

Oh yeah! I was hoping you would come because your one of the big "suppliers" of the group! (plus your a good guy) I'll be saving up my money! Brad Brian Stokes <bstokes@aqueryus.com> wrote in message news:001701c0e2ed$24...8c0@AQG... (...) Space, (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: June 2nd Meeting Update - Location

As a side note to my mountain of trade fodder that I'm bringing, there are several complete sets that I'm currently aware of: 1.6285 Black Seas Barracuda: (URL) but in good condition with instructions, no box. 2. 956 Auto Chassis: (URL) set is (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

I recently acquired a huge Lego collection that I will be parting out so I will definately be there. The collection includes sets from Pirates, Space, Town, Technic, and Castle. Sorry Brad, no monorail track. Brian Stokes ----- Original Message (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

Right on. Glad to see that Chris can come down again! Bryce McGlone <bmcglone@ditim.com> wrote in message news:GDpK44.to@lugnet.com... (...) down (...) am (...) Please (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: RSVP Meeting on June 2nd

Provided there is adequate trading fodder present, then I'll stay till at least 3-4. Jason Sutherland <jasonsutherland5@cs.com> wrote in message news:GDpr4H.Ev0@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  June 2nd Meeting Update - Location

Hello Again, I received permission to use the conference center at my office. It has tables and chairs for about 60 people but it's a little short on open floor space, so anyone bringing parts for trade will want to bring a blanket to speadout on a (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: RSVP Meeting on June 2nd

How long do you think this meeting will be? I won't be able to be there until about 2. If people will be staying until around 5 or so like they usually do, I will be there. Jason (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: RSVP Meeting on June 2nd

Robert, I'll be there with my NLSO. Clark (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

Robert, I'm coming down to the meeting. Also Christopher Snead is going to come down from up north and carpool with me. Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting on June 2nd

Shelly and I will be there. I will be bringing a new building (not yet posted). Robert Powell <rpowell25@home.com> wrote in message news:GDpIsy.Jsz@lugnet.com... (...) Please (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Meeting on June 2nd

Hello All!, Sorry for the delayed posting. It looks like the next LUGOLA meeting is going to be on June 2nd @ 11am in Oceanside (north San Diego county). I am trying to work out arrangements to use the large conference center at my office. If this (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting?

June 2nd is looking pretty solid for other folks. We'll be having another meeting within a month after that though. Expect to see an official announcement within the next few days. Adrian Egli <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting?

I wrote a letter to the guys down here and asked if we could look into a get together at the Del Mar Fair? June 2nd and 9th are not open to me, grad ceremony followed the next by cousin's wedding : < It would mean the middle of the month but I (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting?

I've been working with Robert Powell who had offered to host it next. I think he's checking some things out. The last proposed date/time was June 2nd in Oceanside. Let's give Robert a few more days to make sure everything works out for him. Jason (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Meeting?

I've been wondering the same thing this week. I think it's going to be down toward San Diego this time. Anyone have more info? Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Next Meeting?

Hello everyone. Does anyone have any idea yet when we might be having the next meeting? (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Dave Johann, please contact me!

James, I called and just spoke to Dave he said that he'd "take care of it". He is still off-line. He and I are supposed to get together Saturday and do some trading, so I'll mention your request again. At the meeting Dave was the guy with the card (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

As far as I know, Dave is not on-line. I'm not able to contact him. Somehow, he gets word of the LUGNET meetings. James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:GD2tJC.83D@lugnet.com... (...) order (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Dave Johann, please contact me!

I'd like to second this request... I too have an outstanding order with Dave. Here's my address: MGCards@worldnet.att.net Thanks, Skip "James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:GD2tJC.83D@lugnet.com... (...) order (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

(...) You guys did a lot better than many people did. Those open bins of castle parts that are there so people can build castles was sadly depleted last time I took my son (shortly after Christmas). Perhaps they've restocked it. If only they had a (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Dave Johann, please contact me!

I heard quite a while back that Dave was off-line (can't recall why, exactly), and I'm wondering if he's back on, or if he's still stuck. Dave, if you're around, can you please e-mail me about an old Brickbay order I'd like to close off? If Dave (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

"Thomas Main" <main@appstate.edu> wrote in message news:3AF6F369.260E80...ate.edu... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) There is no dount that is tempting but there are signs asking people not to take the parts. When I was there last fall I had a (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

(...) It was tempting, but there is a time and a place for everytyhing and all of us realized that wasn't it. KL (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

(...) Man...that must've been hard. You have enough moral fiber nver to need Metamucil :) Did any of you ask someone if you could buy some of those parts out of the bins? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

(...) It is very hard to resist. As both Larry P. & I can attest, a bin with (among other prized parts) handfuls of: (4 URLs) is very hard to resist. Sometimes I'm too honest for my own collection. :/ James (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

Frank, (...) you won't steal that little part you're looking for ages? Man, if I was going there, I would take as much jackets I could (those with huge pockets). Of course I am just kidding, but that must be real hard to resist, right =o)?! Nice (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Worked for me!! I never lost sight of you! Not even a little bit! I was waiting for you to speed up!! ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  My pictures from last weekend at Legoland

I finally got a chance to deal with my pictures from last weekend. I ended up with just a bare handfull from the Lugola meeting, none worth posting. I picked some of the best Legoland pictures, and also posted a few pictures from our sightseeing (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

Hey - Those are some great pictures! Why don't you post an original message to lugnet.general instead of burried deep in the reply to our message? I'm sure a lot of folks would like to see these pictures, but a lot of people will miss them burried (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) One thing you must realize though is that about half of our folks traveled by air to get to the meeting. Of course in another way, we could claim to have had more LEGO since our meeting started at 10:00 AM at Legoland Carlsbad... We also had (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Please don't get me started on my patriotic binge, but who made the microfigs? they are fantastic, and are their any more pictures? Scott (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Okay, I suppose, but here's a proper meeting - same day too: (3 URLs) We had nearly as many people (more if you include the kids!), and it looks like a lot more Lego. So much for American superiority :-) We even made the local paper. p :-P b (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Hah! Great pics of everything!!! Yeah, who were those burly beasts in those blurry pics?! Hmmm, some sort of drooling, cave-dwelling, LEGO craving ancestors of man I suppose. They can smell ABS plastic from miles away! By the way, Bibi (a.k.a. (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Yo, hope you had a great mini-vacation, Outridah! Come see me again! Dan (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Wow, thanks Chris! On that same note, all of us were amazed at your stuff as well. Your joint system for the "Terminator" totally defines the term "kick a**"! (...) Hey, come see us again soon! :) Dan (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Welcome to California, where drivers may remove their brain and set the car on auto pilot. The only time we slow down is when there are too many cars for the capacity of the road. Or trucks. Most regular drivers of a single route come to feel (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) No kidding. I was cruising at about 75-80mph and people were passing me like I was standing still. I never could figure out why they were tailgating me when I was in the 2nd lane from the right with two or three open lanes to my left. ~Grand (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) I'm not sure I'd say "most" of the traffic, but yea, whoever (I think it was Kevin) was complaining about the "slow" Southern California drivers must not have been driving on the same highways as we did. (...) One reason caravaning doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) Whoops. I hate it when people mangle my name too! Sorry about that. (...) Na. It's just that we left the car at the front door when we checked out and took the most direct route there. ++Lar (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

Yup, that was me. Thanks for the good company and conversation. BTW, "Gyugyi" has two "y"'s. Perhaps I should register domain names for the common variants.... And as far as the driving speed goes, I still think you must have teleported from the (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

(...) This may sound like a "remarkable statement" but it is not. I wasn't driving nearly as fast as I usually do, and certainly not as fast as most of the traffic. Ross's challenge is that his idea of following is to follow at a polite distance, (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact