Re: Tuesday Morning report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brad Hamilton writes:

I could go for at least 2 more large monorail straights if you are
interested in selling some of them. I know that other folks would be happy
to buy up other train and monorail stuff.

Hi Brad!

At this time, I am not really interested in selling any of my monorail
or train stuff. And when I looked through my monorail, I did notice
that I had an awful lot of curves, but not that many straights.
So something tells me I should probably hang on to my straights. <Grin>

All: I built a MOC! Yea me! <Snickers>
Yes, just for the meeting!

Sunday night, I grabbed my Lego storage/carpet bag and took over the
dining room table. It was exactly 9pm. The bag contained my UFO sets,
all mashed up and ready for reconfiguration.
The sets were the big saucer, the smaller fighter with the semi-circular
front and x-wings, the small saucer that came packed with a UFO mask,
the small ground rover, and the teeny tiny Shell special scooter.
The challenge was to make a ship using nothing but those parts.
And to make the underside of the ship with upside down saucer hulls.

Oh boy. That's when I realized my MOCing skills were rusty...

The first couple of hours were spent trying to come up with the basic
shape of the ship and trying to mate those damned upside down saucer
parts to the rightside up part of the ship! Argh!

I eventually figured it out, and all told, it took me 5.5 hours to
build my UFO gunship MOC. The Space Police has nicknamed this ship
"Damocles", because it just kinda hangs there in the air (in pretty
much the same way that bricks don't) and then suddenly pounds the
hell out of you with its twin downward turrets.
There's also been reports of some ungodly electric beam of death coming
out of the front of this thing. What could it be?
Find out at the meeting. <Muahahaha>

I know it took me 5.5 hours to build this thing because I had the TV on
and I built through ABC's "Pearl Harbor: Legacy of Shame" (or whatever)
program (2 hours), then the news (35 minutes), then Nash Bridges (1 hour),
then Morning Edition (1 hour), then Beastmaster: The Series or whatever
(55 minutes). When that one come on, I knew I had to wrap it up soon...

I'm not completely happy with some elements of the ship, but it's mostly
due to the limitation inherent to the source sets.

Hope I ain't boring y'all!
I'm just kinda excited about the meeting and stuff.

Have a good one!

Eric B. (o/~ Zrath, Zrath, he's a Lego psychopath... o/~)