Re: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 22:52:06 GMT

Sorry about messing up the store's name.... Tuesday Morning, Til' Tuesday,
at least I was kind of close.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Bitton <kzin@toast.net>
To: <lugnet.org.us.lugola@lugnet.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: June 2nd meeting, and news-bits

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brian Stokes writes:
LEGO on sale at "Til Tuesday" stores. They have a meager assortment of • Lego
System sets and several Throwbots marked down about 50% from retail. The
largest set they had was Insectoid Base which selling for $50.00. They • also
had the Droid Developer set for $30.00 and several rare small sets.

After some head-scratching (I thought "Til Tuesday" was a band!),
I found a couple of local "Tuesday Morning" stores and hit the
one in Santa Monica (Santa Monica Blvd and 9th Street).

Aside from the Insectoid base/spider-thing, they also had a pair of
Studio sets (the big set with the camera and software) for $99.99
(down from $199.99), several types of medium and large ZNAP sets
(I picked up the one that comes in a hard-plastic case, $9.99, down
from $19.99), some Duplo stuff (include the battery train), and only
one type of Star Wars set: the Desert Skiff with Han and Luke ($3.99).
Oh yeah, and all the basic Throwbots ($3.99 a pop).
And a couple of small Land Of The Lost sets (Adventurers Mk.III).

The other store close to me is in Westchester, just North of LAX.
I hope to check that one out some time tomorrow and report my findings.

That is all.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Eric B. (Without Rakim)