Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 14:16:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Mark Sandlin writes:
Frank Filz at ffilz@mindspring.com wrote:

I'm not sure I'd say "most" of the traffic, but yea, whoever (I think it
was Kevin) was complaining about the "slow" Southern California drivers
must not have been driving on the same highways as we did.

No kidding. I was cruising at about 75-80mph and people were passing me like
I was standing still.

I never could figure out why they were tailgating me when I was in the 2nd
lane from the right with two or three open lanes to my left.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Welcome to California, where drivers may remove their brain and set the car
on auto pilot.  The only time we slow down is when there are too many cars
for the capacity of the road. Or trucks.  Most regular drivers of a single
route come to feel that they "own" a particular lane, hence the tailgating.
4 cents,
Aaron