Subject:
Sproat's Pics (Was Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 22:00:25 GMT

Thanks for the pics! I was hoping someone would take pics of the cockpit
installation I did on Quetzalcoatl. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

Sproaticus at jsproat@io.com wrote:

Hey folks,

I've uploaded my Mavica pics of the weekend to Brickshelf:

Here's a brief rundown of the various directories...

aka dans-house/
Friday afternoon at Dan Jassim's house.  In attendence were Dan Jassim,
Bryce McGlone, Mark Sandlin, Mark Rideout, Chris Snead, Barbara and myself.
Later stopping by for a quick bite was Dan's pet Venus Flytrap.

aka dans-house/dans-models/
Pics of Dan's Nasal Avenger and the Starship Gibraltar.

aka dans-house/marks-models/
Pics of Mark's Shiva motorbike, Helldog II (this summer, Hell Just Got
Hotter), and Hardygun.  Note in the latter part of the directory, there are
pics of the latter mechas' cockpits and pilots.

aka dans-house/venus-flytrap/
Next time you're in Dan's neighborhood, drop in to say hi to his...thing.
And pet its tummy.  I dare you.  :-,

aka LLC/
Snapshots of Legoland California.  Hidden somwhere in this dir are some
blurry pics of some rather unruly lot.  They are not, repeat NOT, the
abominable snowmen.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/
The fest at Brad & Shelly's.  I'm still recovering from the high!  :-D

aka LUGOLA-meeting/bricktopia/
Brad's Bricktopia.  We dropped in to say hi to the Bricktopians.  The
pictures didn't quite turn out as well as I hoped; there are better pics
elsewhere.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/bryces-models/
Bryce McGlone's mecha.  In here are his gorilla, some of Big Blue, and quite
a bit on Quetzoqatl.  Check out the pic near the bottom where he's holding
just the tail.  You could knock over Tokyo with that thing.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/chriss-models
Pics of Chris Snead's mecha.  His large-scale mecha joint system is, well,
quite genius.  He was contemplating building a large Gundam, but I think I
was able to talk him back into doing a more tasteful mecha.  (Just kidding!
:-)

aka LUGLOA-meeting/dans-models
More detailed pics of Dan's Starship Gibraltar.  We were set upon by an
alien delegation, but they were easily subdued in the bridge by an impropmtu
photo session.  There's also a group photo of Barbara, me, Grand Admiral
Muffin Head, and Cap'n Dan.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/gyugis-models/
I lost a diskette to bad sectors.  Sorry to report, only one pic survived.
I'm not even sure this model of a souped-up Y-Wing fighter is Paul's.  I'm
quite bummed about losing all those pics.  :-/

aka LUGOLA-meeting/marks-models/
More pics of Mark's mecha.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/scotts-models/
Pics of Scott Costello's mecha.  I really like that first one.
Unfortunately, most of the pics I took of these were on the bad disk.

aka LUGOLA-meeting/trading/
Pics of various people digging through enormous piles of Lego bricks for
trade.  The reports you might have heard about someone drowning in the
pieces is mostly untrue.  We were very fortunate in that we fished the
person out and let me tell you, thank goodness for the Heimlich Maneuver.
Next time, there will be full-time lifeguards on duty.

*whew*  A lotta pics.  I focused mostly on the mecha stuff, but there was a
LOT more.

Cheers,
- jsproat