Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 05:40:59 GMT

BRAD AND SHELLY ARE THE BEST!!!
They deserve some kind of Lugnet/Lugola award. Maybe we could hold a LEGO
baby shower at their house? I'll definitely kick down for some PRIMO.

B.
----- Original Message -----
From: Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.lugola@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.people@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.general@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting

Hi Christopher,

I'm glad you had such a great time.

Christopher Snead <chalcedony@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GCMFxt.3su@lugnet.com...
I just wanted to thank Brad and Shelly for being wonderful hosts.  This • was my
first LUG meeting ever, and it was a fantastic experience.  It makes • such
difference to see models in person.  I'm a big mecha fan, but I was VERY
impressed with the detail and creativity expressed in Brad's city.  One • could
spend hours admiring all that was going on.  And Dan's carrier was • awesome!  I
just couldn't get over the detail and care with which his spacecraft • were
built.  He put a lot of thought into how spacecraft might appear given • their
methods of propulsion, whether or not they were atmospheric re-entry • vehicles
or not, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if sci-fi movie makers asked him • to
do
some consulting after seeing his models...

As for the mecha, well I was in awe of being confronted by these models • who's
pictures I had gawked over for years.  It really makes a difference in • seeing
them in person and feeling how they work.  There was detail in Mark's • mecha
that I never noticed in photographs; his engines for his Helldog II were
unbelievable!  As for Bryce, if you haven't seen his mecha in person, • then
you
really haven't seen them. If you're a mecha fan, and your ever in • California,
you've got to these things!  One thing about his mecha that you'll never • get
out of the pictures - they take a pounding!  I could pick up and handle • Big
Blue without fear.

There was way too much going on for me to describe, or even process.  I • was
EXTREMELY honored to be in the presence of such talented builders from • all
over
the country.  It will take me weeks to digest everything that I saw...

Thanks again to Brad and Shelly for hosting such a wonderful event.  I • would
also like to thank Bryce and Dan for their hospitality.  I don't think I • would
have made it down without Bryce's encouragement.

Christopher