Re: Pictures From Big April 28th Southern California Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:19:24 GMT

Hi Christopher,

I'm glad you had such a great time.

Christopher Snead <chalcedony@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I just wanted to thank Brad and Shelly for being wonderful hosts.  This • was my
first LUG meeting ever, and it was a fantastic experience.  It makes such • a
difference to see models in person.  I'm a big mecha fan, but I was VERY
impressed with the detail and creativity expressed in Brad's city.  One • could
spend hours admiring all that was going on.  And Dan's carrier was • awesome!  I
just couldn't get over the detail and care with which his spacecraft were
built.  He put a lot of thought into how spacecraft might appear given • their
methods of propulsion, whether or not they were atmospheric re-entry • vehicles
or not, etc.  I wouldn't be surprised if sci-fi movie makers asked him to • do
some consulting after seeing his models...

As for the mecha, well I was in awe of being confronted by these models • who's
pictures I had gawked over for years.  It really makes a difference in • seeing
them in person and feeling how they work.  There was detail in Mark's • mecha
that I never noticed in photographs; his engines for his Helldog II were
unbelievable!  As for Bryce, if you haven't seen his mecha in person, then • you
really haven't seen them. If you're a mecha fan, and your ever in • California,
you've got to these things!  One thing about his mecha that you'll never • get
out of the pictures - they take a pounding!  I could pick up and handle • Big
Blue without fear.

There was way too much going on for me to describe, or even process.  I • was
EXTREMELY honored to be in the presence of such talented builders from all • over
the country.  It will take me weeks to digest everything that I saw...

Thanks again to Brad and Shelly for hosting such a wonderful event.  I • would
also like to thank Bryce and Dan for their hospitality.  I don't think I • would
have made it down without Bryce's encouragement.

Christopher