Re: My pictures from last weekend at Legoland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 19:52:31 GMT

"Thomas Main" <main@appstate.edu> wrote in message
James Brown wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Man...that must've been hard.  You have enough moral fiber nver to need
Metamucil :)  Did any of you ask someone if you could buy some of those
parts out of the bins?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

There is no dount that is tempting but there are signs asking people not to
take the parts.  When I was there last fall I had a conversation with a
woman working the area where you build and race cars (across from the big
T-Rex).  She told me that they are constantly amazed how people feel that
the building area bricks are "free" for the taking.  They ask people not to
but don't really enforce it.

It has been my experience (from the Orlando LIC) that if you ask the person
manning the area for a reasonable number of parts (like a handful) that they
will let you take them.  Simply helping yourself to them, which is tempting,
is basically shoplifting.  Ask yourself - would you walk into the Big Shop
and help yourself to a couple of sets?  There really isn't any difference
but the perception is very different.  In the long term, if people continue
to help themselves to the play area parts and it becomes a real problem for
LEGO, eventually they won't provide the parts any more which would really be
unfortunate.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders