 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / *1125 (-100)
  Re: January Lugola Meeting

FYI - The World Cafe has a parking lot available a half block North of the restaurant on the West side of Main St. $3.50 all day. It may be mentioned on their web page. Metered spots are behind the restaurant. (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) Sorry about your Dad Scott, I hope he gets better. All I was thinking was that the Holidays are upon us and we can pretty much forget about a meeting now with family obligations n' stuff (we're having a baby at the end of this month). January (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: January Lugola Meeting

Dan Jassim and Mike Wood are in for the January meeting. (...) Yeah, it shouldn't be too busy. There should be enough parking in the lot behind, where Ashland ends. The main thing is to remember to feed the meters because the parking cops give out (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  January Lugola Meeting

Let's try to start 2005 off right. Rick has penciled us in for our next meeting at the world cafe on 1/22/05 at noon. I am sure with our large absence that there will be much there to show. I hope for good attendance. Here is their site, including (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) I think skipping December is a good idea. I know I'll be swamped between our train display and the holidays. SANDLUG had planned to have it's next meeting in January, we just had one yesterday. And we had hoped to have our meetings every other (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) Thanks for that Jeff. I had hoped to set something up for November or December, but my father went into the hospital recently and that has occupied all my free time. If Rick could setup the cafe that would be great. Scott (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

<the sound of crickets> Okay, what if we all agree on a January meeting at the World Cafe in Santa Monica. That last one there was cool. Had lots of space, eating options, drinks and such. That's only if we can get it. Does that sound (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

Hey Scott. I'm still here. Still living in the same apartment in Lawndale so hosting a meeting is not possible. Would be nice to get together again. --Dan (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello Southern Cali!

(...) Felix, glad you made it back OK. I don't now what everyone is so worked up about. SD historicly has unpredictable rainfall, including flash floods every few years. 8) Glad you felt welcome, and we'll see you when you return. Mat (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: Hello Southern Cali!

Hey Adrian, Mathew, Jen, and Aaron; Thanks for a great time. To look at the headlines currently you would think the community is in ruin. But the community I know and love is the one who who would get together and have a good time with a guy just (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Lugola call to order

----- Original Message ----- From: spacerox@verizon.net Date: Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:20 am Subject: Re: Re: Lugola call to order (...) Greetings fellow LUGOLAites, I've asked Henry to post this for me. Thanks Scott for asking, it's good to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) Hey Scott I've been taking a break from crazy LEGO sculptures and've been exploring some of my other, not necessarily less insane, hobbies (photography, music, writing). But I still hang around LUGNET, obviously. Thanks for taking charge and (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) snippity (...) The gathering at Brad's house last September was my inaugural LUGOLA meeting, so I don't know how much of a "member" I am, but I'm always willing to attend another meeting if it's possible. The past year hasn't provided many (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) Snip (...) I'm still here. And if anyone has any pictures from previous meetings they'd like to see on the Brickshelf gallery just e-mail them to me. (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (URL) Kus-Numa Comics> (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) Scott, I am alive and well and still in southern California (I thought I was moving back to Colorado in June, but I ended up getting a busines opportunity here). I have new MOCs to share as well! I would also LOVE to host another meeting (I (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Lugola call to order

I'm still around, but we just had another kid, so things are sort of busy. I haven't been doing too much lego building... "Scott Costello" <scottcos@spamfree.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I5FHFv.1CMo@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) heard from (...) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) I was kinda wondering the same thing. I came out of my secend dark age (10 years) last June, only to find that all the new LEGO fandom hade peaked and was fading out. I even offed to host a LUGOLA meeting in August, but got no bites. Partially (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) I'm here Scott! I'm glad you picked up where Anne left off. Let me know when the next meeting is and I will be there with MOCs in hand. I would host something but I just moved and are planning to do some major remodeling soon so after that I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Lugola call to order

(...) I'm still around and building! But anything I build lately gets grabbed by Lego and shipped to Denmark while cruel managers poke me with Lego halberds. Also I've been embarrassed to show my face around Lugola after spending so much time (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Lugola call to order

Fellow Lugolaians, or Lugolaers, Whatever our plural is, what has happened to us? It has been a while since we have had a meeting of any sort, and even longer since we have seen or heard from our original core members. I am sure that there are (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello Southern Cali!

(...) I'll be downtown, walking distance from the gaslamp district. I'll have to be at the confenrence at certain times, but otherwise, my schedule is very flexible. I'll email you soon with my cell too. Felix (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: When is the next meeting???

(...) Sandlug will be having a meeting in mid November, in the Mira Mesa area. But this leaves October open. If there's to be a LUGOLA meeting, I'd prefer it's not the 16th, as there's a train club meeting then. Mat (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Hello Southern Cali!

(...) Wow, that's a long weekend! 8) I don't know for sure, but I may be able to join you then. Where in SD are you going to be? You can contact me by Email, and I'll send you my cel number. Mat (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: Hello Southern Cali!

(...) LUGOLA has been kinda quite (almost too quite) but I think some of us in SANDLUG might want to hang out with you on your visit. I checked the park and (URL) will be happening the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. Adr. (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Hello Southern Cali!

The weekend of October 21-27 I'll be in San Diego for a conference. Are there any lug meetings going on around then I could attend? Anyone want to grab a beer and talk brick? Let me know, I think I might also hit the park while I'm there. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  When is the next meeting???

When is the next meeting?? Does anybody know? Did LUGOLA fall off the map or am I just out of it? help. Jeff (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

(...) Adrian, What time are we meeting? Also, I wanted to know if a few of us from SCLTC could use a small part of the meeting to go over some planning for an area of our next train layout? Thanks, Mat (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  It's September & SANDLUG Meets in Two Weeks

Hi Gang, Just a reminder that two weeks from today, September 18th, is the big meet. Just like the LUGOLA meet at my pad earlier this year, it will all be happening around noon. Here's the loooong MapQuest link to my pad: (URL) Jonathan Eric Hunter, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Visit to Northern California and possibly LEGOLAND California

(...) The Valley Fair store is still not open, but the one in Hillsdale Mall is, and both stores are using the same brick. Russell BayLUG/BayLTC (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Please take over the website

Hi all, Due to the fact I'm now in the Bay Area, and getting updates for the website is a bit challenging, I'm going to have to stop maintaining it. If you are interesting in hosting lugola.org, I will have no problems giving you the webpages and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Visit to Northern California and possibly LEGOLAND California

(...) Well, I made it to LEGOLAND California. It was great. I took about 550 photos and have now posted over 530 of them to Brickshelf. (URL) main folder is not public because I have been deleting pictures as I moved them into the seperate folders. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

Fantastic and beautiful! The grey and white work very well and the overall building is just breathtaking. -- Pawel (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

Hello everybody! I just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the nice comments from everybody on my (URL) clock tower>. When I started building it, I wasn't even building a clock tower, I only set out to build a tall, white skyscraper, and the sheer (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

(...) Jonathan, One word, Magnificent! I love it! It has a look that is reminiscent of several famous buildings: 1) Old US Post Office tower in the Federal Triangle in Washington DC, 2) the tower of Chicago's famous Wrigley Building on Michigan Ave. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

(...) WAR OF THE SPECIES IS ON! TIME: Sunday, Aug 29 12noon LOCATION: Home of Aaron Sneary in (URL) ADVICE: If you want to be a little more prepared for Sunday's game, visit this site to create stats for your troops in advance: (URL) (Thanks Dave (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, FTX)

  Re: SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

(...) You betcha! I will bring it (slighlty modified/enhanced) plus at least one or two more... Build onwards and upwards!, (URL) Jonathan Eric Hunter (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

(...) I hope you bring (URL) this one> :-) Adr. (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

(...) Adrian, Jonathan Eric Hunter here just letting you know I fully plan on invading your SANDLUG meeting (since I am a LUGOLA member) on 9/18/04. I will have some new MOCs to display... If you couldn't tell, I ended up NOT moving to Colorado! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

(...) Nicely done. I like the overall shape, many skyscrapers I see are a little too squat, this avoids that. As Brenden mention, the street level details are great. It reminds me that I really need to get some minifig scale ones done for (URL) our> (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

Great work, Jonathan. That is a classy looking tower. Nice job with the roof and dormer windows. It's cool to see all the street-level detail done at that scale. Kudos, -Brendan Powell Smith (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

JEH, Great stuff as always. Perfect place for Spidey and Doc Ock to duke it out! :) I thought you would've included four working clocks like you did in your big clock sculpture. ;) Corey www.brickitgood.com (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: 4.5 foot tall clock tower

(...) Wow, that's incredible! Nicely played, great job Eric. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  4.5 foot tall clock tower

This is my latest LEGO architectural piece. It is a fictitious clock tower that is less than minifig scale. It is roughly 33 stories tall (four and a half feet) my tallest LEGO skyscraper yet. It was a lot of fun doing the detail on the ground level (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !!

  Beach Party and Meeting

August 2004 Beach Party Location: Torrey Pines State Beach (URL) 28, 2004 |Meeting (Full Club) |Daniel Pearson |Public Event Tools: Edit |Delete For the first time ever, the SCLTC has decided to have a Beach Party! It will be at Torrey Pines State (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

(...) FYI, it looks like our game will be this Sunday. Contact Aaron for directions. Mat (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

(...) Adrian, I'll be there, and I expect to have several things to show and tell. Mat (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

Members of SANDLUG, the San Diego LEGO Users Group, have planned a meeting in San Diego on September 18th, about a month from today. September would generally be considered an off-month for LUGOLA meetings but members of LUGOLA (or any LUG/LTC) are (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  August meeting?

Now that BrickFest 04 is a done deal, are there any plans for an August meeting? If not, then I'm offering up my house to meet. I'm in North San Diego, the Mira Mesa area. We can do all the usual things, and/or I'm willing to run another game of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

(...) Aaron, I've built one modual so far. It's a 32 x 64 with 4 doors and 2 elevator egress. I plan to make a section or two that can be accessed by the elevators. Mat (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

(...) Mat and other players, The technic hole should be in a 1x2 technic brick with the hole centered between studs. See (URL) THE PLANS> for specifics. An astroid or small moon is fine so we have real gravity, but no atmosphere. Decompression may (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

(...) Aaron, I'm glad you enjoyed the pirate game. It was really fun to see the MOCs that you and George made. You know you can count me in for the coridor crawl. I was wondering if we could make this an astroid base. It would free us up to use (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  LUGOLA to play Brikwars soon

Greetings locals and/or wargamers! LUGOLA completed its first real Pirate game recently, and such a great time was had we've decided to change systems and try a Tech Level 6 Brikwars spaceship-corridor crawl. We don't have a date yet, but it will (...) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !

  Re: PAB Selection?

(...) Then you have to come see me at work! Aaron (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  When do we play pirates?

Jen, Mat, etc, I've managed to misplace any recollection of what time on Sunday we are gathering. Can someone call me on my cell phone ASAP? sevensixzero fivefourtwo fiveseventhreefive Thanks! Aaron S. (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LCD Projector

Hi everyone! I'll be in LA in a week for SIGGRAPH. Does anyone have access to an LCD projector I can borrow on Wednesday, August 11th for some presentations in the afternoon? Any help is much appreciated! Please email me at tim@ldraw.org if you can (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events)

  Re: PAB Selection?

(...) Well, if ya put 2 and 2 together... now ya know what I'm gonna be in town for this weekend.... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: PAB Selection?

(...) Not yet. There are two stores opening in the first half of August, one in San Mateo and one in San Jose/Santa Clara. -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG (URL) is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: PAB Selection?

(...) Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to seeing LEGOLAND and my first PAB. :-) By the way, BayLUG members, are there any PAB's in Northern California? Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Pirate Game

(...) Jen, thanks for responding. I'm happy to run the game. But Jen is providing the location. So please contact her regarding directions and suggested snacks. We'll be using the "Wooden Ships & Plastic Men" rules. They can be found at (URL) Thank (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: San Diego Comic-con

(...) I had a great time as well. I met so many AFOL that I can't remember all your names, I'm sorry. Thank you for making me welcome. I got a couple of the miny TIE figters, mmmm, minty. I also got to embarass Jake by asking him to sign my copy of (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: San Diego is (Finally) Getting a LUG Going

(...) I'm real excited about this, thank you Adrian for getting the ball rolling. I moved to SD a year ago, and I'm getting back into LEGO after a 10 year adult dark age. I've been going to ComicCon for years, and meeting fellow LEGO fans and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: San Diego is (Finally) Getting a LUG Going

(...) That's awesome. Maybe I'll drop by if you guys are meeting when I'm home visiting the folks (or permenantly if I end up stationed there next year). -Orion (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  San Diego is (Finally) Getting a LUG Going

The meet at Comic-Con was a big event (suggest you read Scott C's (URL) post> if you haven't) and one event I hope LEGO can make a bigger presence in 2005. In a LEGO community respect, the Comic-Con meet was seen by us that day as the first meeting (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  San Diego Comic-con

What a great day in San Diego. This was my first time ever attending the comic-con, and although I have attended comic book conventions previously, there is nothing that can fully prepare you for an event of this magnitude. This thing is HUGE! A (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: PAB Selection?

(...) Funny you should mention that--I was there yesterday and they just got in a bunch of new items...including windows, doors, wheels, tires, minifigs, and those weird newish flower pieces. The selection right now is at an all-time high, I think. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Details for Comic-Con meeting on Saturday, 24 July

(...) I agree--in fact, I was going to post the same thing. Not only is the Bionicle area more spacious, but it has a large archway as well, which makes an excellent rally point. So, 2 PM at the LEGO Bionicle booth under the arch, in front of the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  PAB Selection?

Has anybody checked out the Pick-A-Brick selection at LEGOLAND recently? I'm wondering if they have anything like windows, doors, foliage, or other similarly town related parts? Thanks. Tim Strutt (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Details for Comic-Con meeting on Saturday, 24 July

(...) Wave off, wave off. I stopped by the convention last night, and we may want to meet in the Bionicle booth (1829) enstead. The SW area is huge, but the LEGO portion of it is tiny. The Bionicle booth is much larger, and they have a book signing (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Visit to Northern California and possibly LEGOLAND California

(...) I will have to see what I am doing that weekend closer to the date - I will try to keep it clear ;) The downtown Disney (Anaheim) store is outside the park, there is a shopping area they have set up and it is in there (different parking also, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Details for Comic-Con meeting on Saturday, 24 July

(...) Arg - 6pm is too early for me to get there. I was going to be a tad late for the 7pm time slot. Guess I will have to try to catch up with the group at a later date. I will be at the con on Sunday covering the Bionicle movie thing for (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Visit to Northern California and possibly LEGOLAND California

(...) Looks like I'll be heading to LL CA for the Aug 7-8 weekend. I'll be staying over at a friend's place (from Ottawa) in LA, and then he's going to accompany me to LL CA on Saturday. Not sure what time we'll arrive, but I'll be carrying a cell, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Hey now. I like Bionicles. Let's make it the LEGO/Starwars booth, #2813. This booth is being shared with Lucasfilm. And ironicly where I'll be working. I'll be in X-wing pilot garb gaurding the full size X-wing model. I'll be on duty Thursday (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Details for Comic-Con meeting on Saturday, 24 July

(...) So how many are on the list now? Adr. (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) If they're not in the same place, wherever Jake is...probably Star Wars, since that's real Lego, not that fake Bionicle stuff. Derek (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Which LEGO booth? Star Wars or Bionicle? Jen (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) We are talking about Saturday, July 24th. ComicCon is in the SD convention center downtown. Parking will be totally insane. I plan to park a bit aways, and take the trolly in. BTW, as far as meeting at the LEGO booth at 2PM, I will most likely (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Details for Comic-Con meeting on Saturday, 24 July

Here is the plan! We'll meet at 2 PM at the LEGO booth on Saturday, mainly just to hang out and pester Jake. We may also hold him down and shove new grey bricks up his nose, so if you have any new grey, be sure to bring it along. We will then leave (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Can you confirm which Saturday we're discussing? Or can you just call me? I never know what day it is... or day or night for that matter. The sun always seems to shine in this state. Aaron (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) ROFL I will be wearing clothes.....look for the red head...then look down, if you see a large purple dragon sticking his head out above my LEGO socks, that is me!!! See ya guys there! Jen (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

Hi all, Please, PLEASE, PLEASE send me any meeting times and places for Comic-con so I can get it on the website. I need to have this sent to me on a regular basis when this is decided. Please :) Pretty please :) Thanks, -Anne (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) The idea of having an impromptu meeting at the comic-con is awesome, I will definately be there. I will look to meet up with everyone around 2 PM on Saturday. Don't know that I will be able to spot the Lego socks, but I will try. Then Dinner (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) We're going to have dinner with Jake on Saturday night at 7 in the Gaslamp; it looks like we're headed for Buca di Beppo at 705 6th Avenue in downtown San Diego...I'll post a definitive location in a few days. As far as meeting at the Lego (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Tent sale is back

The tent sale is back on, after closeing on July 4th. They still have a bunch of Metroliners and all of the My Train cars. With Members Plus discount: Metroliner $72 Open Freight Wagon $6 Caboose $7 Passenger Wagon $10 Tanker $8 Hopper Wagon $10 (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Are you planning to wear anything else, if not that will be a dead give away. Or you could go sans shoes, that would help to spot the socks. 8) I'll have me cell phone, people can contact me by Email if they want the number. Mat (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Hi, I would love to meet up with you guys..... I do not belong to LUGOLA, but have been interested in joining.... I can meet on Sat at 2pm at the LEGO booth....I will wear LEGO socks Jen (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) I'm new here, so my apologies. Are you near the downtown area at all? Maybe we could meet up and then move offsite? Has a time been set for meeting up with Jake McKee? Mat (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) I'd say Aaron knows his way around the park... ;) Anyway, I'd really like to make this meeting but I'm not sure how I'm gonna be doing on money (or I do know and it's not looking too great), so I might have to be counted out. (2 URLs) (Bruce) (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Saturday works best for me but I can drop by Friday too. Adr. (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Aaron, Welcome to the area. Looks like you're just about at ground Zero, so there's no excuse to not get at least a members PLUS pass to LL. 8) You'll enjoy the Brick shop in the park I'm sure, and the plus pass gets you free parking and 10% (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) I'll be at ComicCon all days. Anyone else going to be there? How about we meet-up at the LEGO booth on one day? I'd say Friday or Saturday around 2PM? Unless I hear otherwise I'll stop by on bothe days at this time. I'll try to remember to (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Time for another meeting!

(...) Now that you're here let me fill you in on LUGOLA- we're lazy ;-) But seriously, LUGOLA's gound coverage is so big (Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside are a couple of counties that come to mind) that meetings are generally held every (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Time for another meeting!

Hello there! This is Aaron Sneary, once member of famed WAMALUG in DC. Now I'm in Oceanside, and need LEGO fan comradiery. Looks like the last official post was way back in January, yes? Are there monthly meetings or is it less formal? ComicCon is (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Next meeting?

(...) I'm up for a meeting, anytime other then Wednesday night. LMK, Mat Clayson (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Next meeting?

(...) I'll be at Comic-Con this year Friday and Saturday so I'll be able to show up, no problem. :) -Brian Reynolds (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Next meeting?

(...) With the (URL) official word> from Jake that he's coming, I imagine people from SCLTC & SPLTC will want to get in on this too. Saturday holds a better chance of getting more people together. Adr. (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Next meeting?

If you guys DO decide this, please let me know so I can put it on the website. :) -Anne (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next meeting?

(...) We definitely need to get together during ComicCon--would Thursday night or Saturday night work better? If there isn't too big a crowd, we can meet at my brother's place 5 blocks from the convention center, or we can meet at the convention (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Next meeting?

(...) (URL) Comic Con> would be cool. Adr. (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Next meeting?

Is there a meeting planned for the near future? And if not, is anyone willing to step up to bat? I'd offer to host a meeting but the house is being worked on right now. There's also the possibility of meeting at Comic Con next month, as Jake will be (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  trying to contact Robert Powell

Hello, I have been trying to contact Robert Powell at his soundvet.com address concerning an open Bricklink order, but I have not been getting any responses, either directly or through Bricklink's contact feature. Does anyone know if he has changed (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact