Subject:
San Diego is (Finally) Getting a LUG Going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:13:45 GMT

The meet at Comic-Con was a big event (suggest you read Scott C’s post if you haven’t) and one event I hope LEGO can make a bigger presence in 2005.

In a LEGO community respect, the Comic-Con meet was seen by us that day as the first meeting of San Diego’s own LUG. Yes, that’s right, there were enough of us there that we decided to call it our first. After more than a year since I made the announcement at the 2003 BricksWest, San Diego is finally getting a LUG going.

We haven’t finalized on the name but SANLUG (“SAN” being the first word of the city and call letters of San Diego’s airport), SANDLUG (“SAND” bringing in the “D” in “Diego” and use the name for our team in the U.S. Open Sand Castle Competition), and SANDILUG (toss in the “i” to get “sandy” instead of “sand”) are being considered. Once a name has been decided upon, we intend go on to create a LUGNET newsgroup of our own.

And LUGOLA members not in San Diego? Hey, if you don’t mind the drive and would like to hang, you are most welcome to hang with us. E-mail me, aegli at san.rr.com, if you have any questions or comments.

Adr.