Subject:
San Diego Comic-con
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:23:05 GMT

What a great day in San Diego. This was my first time ever attending the
comic-con, and although I have attended comic book conventions previously, there
is nothing that can fully prepare you for an event of this magnitude.  This
thing is HUGE!  A convention highlight was the official announcement of the
title of the next Star Wars movie (Revenge of the Sith), but there was a
multitude of other things going on.

Lego was represented by two separate booths, one dedicated to Star Wars, and the
other dedicated to Bionicle, sorry no Harry Potter. The Star Wars section was
giving out an armada of mini-ties.  The Bionicle booth was selling what was
supposed to be a convention exclusive Toa Vakama, however, due to a shipping
error of some sort the special glow in the dark disk was not to found. To try to
make up for this error, they were selling the special set for a meager $5.99,
and including extra masks and disks to compensate. Funny thing is the container
has the printing showing the special disk, that you don’t get.

Jake was there so we decided to hold a quick meeting of Lugola, along with our
San Diego brothers.  We had a great time catching up on old times, but the only
MOC was a pick up truck brought by Derek Schin. Our motley crew headed to Buca
de Bepo for a fine Italian dinner with Jake, where he revealed all the secrets
for all the upcoming sets (alright I am kidding about that). Loads of fun, and
great to see everyone again; we really need to have another official MOC showing
meeting soon.  As soon as I can find that stupid cable for my camera I will post
pictures.

Scott