Re: Time for another meeting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:10:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Derek Schin wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Mathew Clayson wrote:

   I’m new here, so my apologies. Are you near the downtown area at all? Maybe we could meet up and then move offsite? Has a time been set for meeting up with Jake McKee?

We’re going to have dinner with Jake on Saturday night at 7 in the Gaslamp; it looks like we’re headed for Buca di Beppo at 705 6th Avenue in downtown San Diego...I’ll post a definitive location in a few days.

As far as meeting at the Lego booth, 2PM on Saturday sounds good, too.

Oh, and Aaron is a bit of a skinflint, he avoids the parking fee at Legoland by parking in the employee lot...

Derek

The idea of having an impromptu meeting at the comic-con is awesome, I will definately be there. I will look to meet up with everyone around 2 PM on Saturday. Don’t know that I will be able to spot the Lego socks, but I will try. Then Dinner with Jake that night would be really cool. I really look forward to seeing a bunch of you there, especially new members. I will try to wear something Lego related to make myself more noticable, perhaps my brickswest t-shirt.

But let’s not let this meeting disuade us from holding an official meeting where people can bring their moc’s soon. I am really missing seeing some cool Bryce and/or Dave mechs. For the new folks, all we really need for a meeting is a location, anyone foolish enough to allow 10-20 AFOL’s to invade your place of residence or business. One simply needs to pipe up here on Lugnet and declare your willingness to host and when.

Scott Costello