 Organizations / United States / 57
Re: Name voting (Was: Utah name dicussion: lug or no lug)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ut, Ashley Glennon writes:
It's a bummer that SLLUG is already taken. Do the Linux folks already have
a site up?  Does their name prevent us from using that name?

Their name probably doesn't, unless Linux and LEGO somehow have some major
kind of overlap someday, and it all gets confusing...  But what would prevent
it, if anything, is that they already have the SLLUG.ORG domain.

Is SLLUG or SLLUGNET.com taken?

SLLUG.COM and SLLUG.NET are open, but those could get pretty confusing when
trying to remember exactly what to type.  SLLUGNET.anything would also be
confusing.

Here's some more name options:

How about SLLUF (Salt Lake Lego User Forum)?
SLAB (Salt Lake Area Bricksters)
ULUG-How about just plain Utah Lego Users Group?

I just noticed, some folks in Florida have started a GFLTC (Greater Florida
LEGO Train Club):

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/fl/?n=8

This is a name with Greater in the first word and the first letter of the
state name in the second word.  Applying this name-style to Utah, you might
also consider GULUG (Greater Utah LEGO Users Group).

My nominations are WAFOL and GULF.  Perhaps we should keep thinking or open
this up to everyone?

I am ok with WAFOL.  I like it more and more.

Some more domain info about the names mentioned above:

SLLUF.ORG - open
SLAB.ORG - taken
ULUG.ORG - open
GULUG.ORG - open