 Local / United States / Utah / 9
Re: to GULP or not to GULP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:11:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ut, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Notes / ideas:
I dunno about flyers, esp. on windshields.  I'd like to keep potential
litter to a minimum.

good point

If we use the right software (which I think I have), we can easily publish
the newsletter on-line as well as on paper.

cool!

Building ideas:  between the three of us, we probably have enough small
models for a year's worth of instructions.  I think this would be really
good for the littler tykes in the crowd.  (I have two cousins-in-law who
would love this kind of stuff!)

definitely!  you've made some very cool microfig stuff that isn't on your site
and that would be great to share.

Age:  Do we want to recruit kids, or would it be easier to make it an
AFOL-only club?  Should we even worry about this at this point?

hmmmm..this is a good point.  if we're posting announcements at toy stores i
guess we'll get the kid factor (while i was shooting more for the adult crowd).
we'll have to word the flyer in someway that it's obvious we are an adult
group of fans/collectors.

i'm thinking middle of october.  how about the 16th?

Two weeks from this week...  I think that should be okay.  I'll have to
check with my schedule advisor.

let me know for sure and i'll pencil it in

2.    The lines between the bricks almost follow county lines!  Of course,
that's not so hard with Utah's rectangular boundries :-,  See:
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~joseph/geography/UAlmanac.html

hey, that is the exact site i used for a pattern!
my image is kind of goofy looking, i'm sure we can improve on the model or
rendering somehow.

..joseph g