 General / 7942
Re: What do I have to do to get a URL update on the CSOTW banners?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Roby Sherman writes:
I've been e-mailing the banner submission e-mail, plus leaving LugNet
feedback to get my URL updated in the Cool Site of The Week banner ads,
but after a few weeks, I'm still not getting anywhere. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Roby,
I'm sorry that the process isn't automated -- otherwise it would just be a
no-brainer.  I tend to add banners periodically rather than the instant a
request comes in.  And sometimes I also miss one.  Unfortunately, my email
inbox at that address is currently flooded massively with bounce messages
from the Handy Board mailing list gateway (one of the reasons FredM wanted
to gradually switch away from his current list server) and I haven't gone
through and collected the bounces up into a names-to-delete list yet.

I'll go dig up your message by searching for your name, and I'll add your
banner today, assuming it passes the requirements, etc.

--Todd