 Local / United States / Utah / 8
Re: to GULP or not to GULP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:26:25 GMT

Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.ut, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Joseph Gonzalez wrote:
Cool!  Do you have any other acronyms?  We could always go with Wasatch
Front Lego Users Group -- WFLUG.
how about Greater Utah Lego Lovers?

GULL -- dang, that's good!  I like it!  I really like it!

i'm excited to get this started, so i got a draft going:
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/9007/utahlego.html

This is good also.  Great logo!  (2)

Notes / ideas:

I dunno about flyers, esp. on windshields.  I'd like to keep potential
litter to a minimum.  The TRU bulletin board idea is good, though.

I like the boasting idea -- it'll help give people ideas on how to find good
deals.

Did you mean to get at least two more people for the audience of the
newsletter?  I agree.  The more the merrier!

If we use the right software (which I think I have), we can easily publish
the newsletter on-line as well as on paper.

Building ideas:  between the three of us, we probably have enough small
models for a year's worth of instructions.  I think this would be really
good for the littler tykes in the crowd.  (I have two cousins-in-law who
would love this kind of stuff!)

Recruiting:  let's aim for the AFOLs.  I think just mentioning "Lego" would
attract the kids anyway.  Heh -- perhaps something like "Adult Fan of
Legos?  Don't hide in your toy closet any more."  :-P

Age:  Do we want to recruit kids, or would it be easier to make it an
AFOL-only club?  Should we even worry about this at this point?

Links:  online and offline addresses for interesting diversions in Legodom.

"News from the fridge"?  We'd probably chase people off with that...  ;-)

We could even meet at someone's house as opposed to a $$$
library room or some such.  My house is okay if you enjoy a dearth of
available Lego models for show-n-tell.  :-P
aww.. meetings don't have to be boast-offs (99.9% of my stuff is boxed up
anyway)..it'll be nice to bring current projects, etc. though.

I feel better already.  :-,  If we do it soon enough, I can preview my next
"Day in the Life Of" thing featuring "Txx Dxxtxx ox Xaxxaxx" and a light
sprinkling of the "Sxxr Xxrx Xrxxtxxnx Xexxrxxixx".  (1)

i'm thinking middle of october.  how about the 16th?

Two weeks from this week...  I think that should be okay.  I'll have to
check with my schedule advisor.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  X-encoded for the suspense-impaired.  Dang lossy encryption!  :-,

2.    The lines between the bricks almost follow county lines!  Of course,
that's not so hard with Utah's rectangular boundries :-,  See:
http://www.cc.utah.edu/~joseph/geography/UAlmanac.html

Remember -- the enemy's gate is DOWN.